NBI Clearance 2019 Updated Guide

August 29, 2016 10:21 am

NBI Clearance Renewal, this topic is around for a long time since the inception of this website. Heck, the process on how to apply for NBI Clearance Renewal is so simple but people still don’t get it how it can be done.

Obviously, NBI Clearance renewal is a process where the an applicant already have an existing NBI Clearance whether it’s expired or not applies for a new one.

In our previous article, we have discussed the easiest way to renew your NBI Clearance using the Quick Renewal feature of the website.

This is a new addition to the website where the applicant just enter few information found in his/her NBI Clearance, pay for the NBI Clearance Fees and wait for it to be delivered in the comforts of their home.

You may want to read our detailed article about the NBI Clearance Quick Renewal here.

The NBI Clearance Renewal is far different from the Quick Renewal we’ve mentioned earlier because its much cheaper. Plus, the conventional Renewal that we’re discussing here requires the applicant’s personal appearance.

Just to inform all the readers of this article, the steps provided below starts from scratch. This means that the applicant of NBI Clearance Online Renewal doesn’t have an NBI Clearance Online Account yet.

If you already have an account in NBI Clearance website, you may skip few steps of this tutorial.

Let’s start our tutorial in NBI Clearance Renewal!

NBI Clearance Renewal Account Registration

Go to the Official Website of NBI Clearance Online Services (https://clearance.nbi.gov.ph).

At the right side of your screen, make sure to check the ☑ YES to identify that your registration is an NBI Clearance Renewal.

Enter your First Name, Sur Name, Date of Birth and your OLD NBI ID Number.

Click the PROCEED button down below to continue your registration.

If your NBI Clearance ID Number was found in the NBI Clearance Database, it will show you this image saying “Data Successfully Retrieve”.

This means that you can proceed with the next step and your NBI Clearance can be renewed.

If your NBI Clearance ID Number was not found, it will show you this image stating that “The system cannot find the given NBI ID”.

This means that you can’t proceed with your NBI Clearance Renewal and must do an NBI Online Registration as a NEW Application.

If your NBI Clearance ID No. can’t be found in the database for whatever reasons, that means you won’t be able to renew your NBI Clearance and all you have to do apply as a NEW NBI Clearance Application.

We have written a detailed tutorial on how to apply for an NBI Clearance here as a solution to this error. You may want to check that out.

Going back to the tutorial, assuming that you have successfully retrieved your NBI Clearance ID no. It will display this “REGISTER” window where it will be automatically filled up with your details such as your Gender, Marital Status, Date of Birth and your Complete Name.

The last three field boxes are for you to fill up. Enter your email address and your nominated password.

Check the ☑ I ACCEPT TERMS OF SERVICE and press AGREE button.

Press the SIGN UP button.

NBI Clearance Renewal Application

You will be redirected to the the main dashboard of your NBI Clearance Online Account where you can see all the (already) filled up Application form.

You don’t have to fill up the application form anymore since this is an NBI Clearance Renewal and they already have your personal information.

Press the “APPLY FOR CLEARANCE”.

Enter the Valid IDs you’ll bring. Make sure to bring two (2) valid IDs.

Press the “I Agree” button.

NBI Clearance Renewal Appointment Scheduling

The next steps will be scheduling your appointment in processing your NBI Clearance.

First, Select the NBI Branch from the drop down list. Second, select the dates and the time slots (AM/PM).

After scheduling your appointment with NBI Clearance Branch, select the payment option.

NBI Clearance Renewal Fee Payment

I suggest that you select the paying your NBI Clearance Fee thru 7-Eleven since its convenient.

It will show you a small window displaying the amount of NBI Clearance.

Click the Proceed To Payment button.

The next window will show you the Payment Reference Number. Take note of this and bring this to 7-Eleven.

Please note that the amount that you should be paying consist of NBI Clearance Fee (P130) + E-Payment Service (P25) + 7-Eleven Convenience Fee (P15) which totals to P170.

Just to make sure, ask the cashier how much is the final amount that you should be paying as the Convenience Fee varies depending on the Payment Center.

Keep the receipt as proof of your payment. Now, Log in back to your NBI Clearance Account and check if your payment is already reflected

You can do this by clicking the TRANSACTIONS Menu. You will see the status of your application.

If its PENDING, just wait for it to change status to PAID.

If you see that its PAID, you can click the DETAILS button to print your NBI Clearance Online Application.

Note that printing the application form is not mandatory. All you need to do is just take note or take a picture of the NBI Clearance Reference Number.

This tutorial is almost done. But before we go, we’ll discuss the final steps.

After the payment, the applicant needs to wait for his or her scheduled appointment to arrive.

Make sure to bring two (2) valid ID that will be presented as a requirement in applying for NBI Online Clearance Renewal.

You can also bring your own Philippine National ID or PhilSys ID or SSS ID. If you don’t have one yet, here’s the guide on how to apply.

When the day of the appointment arrives, make sure to be there on time. If you scheduled AM, arrive at the NBI branch 8AM to 12PM. While if you scheduled PM, be there 1PM to 4PM.

Photo capture and Biometrics will be done at the NBI Branch. It will usually take 5 to 10 minutes depending on the volume of the applicants.

The applicant will also have a chance to review all the personal information written on his or her NBI Clearance before it gets printed. Here’s the chance where you can correct or modify all the information written if you want it to be changed.

So there you have it, there’s our tutorial on how to apply for NBI CLEARANCE RENEWAL.

If you have a question, feel free to leave a comment down below!

750 thoughts on “NBI Clearance 2019 Updated Guide

• John says:

hi ask ko lng po nag AWOL ako dati sa work then nag file sila ng case last year siguro 1yr na ngayon. kung kukuha po ba ako ng NBI ngayon at kung sakali na maHIT ako tapos kukunin ko na yung NBI ko sa sinsabing date. huhulihin po b agad ako dun?

• Andy Ramones says:

hello goodAM! ask ko lang po sana Nagkakaso po ako noong 2012 dito sa Laoag City, Ilocos Norte pero naresolba na po dismiss na po ang kaso…makakapunta pa rin ba ako ng abroad kahit may kaso akong naresolba na? salamat po sa sasagot!

• Lorenz Cruz says:

I just got hit today! 😀 I just hope in the future, NBI will make it possible to do identity verification at that same day so we won’t have to wait several days. Ilang Lorenz Cruz ba meron sa pinas haha!

• mary grace says:

panu po pag nbi mo na hit nung june mo p dpt kukuhain kaso di mo nakuha hangang neun ,makukuha ko pa po ba yun or mag kukuha nlng ako ng bago 🙁

• Dhea says:

hello to everyone ask ko lang po possible kaya na kaya na hit name ko dahil nagchange ako ng surname????

• noel says:

Good noon po sa inyong lahat. alam nyo, s taon n to pangalawa ko n tong kuha ngaun nbi clearance,pero n HIT . ang una ay wlang HIT. Bakit kya gnun.? S biometric p lang impossible kng mgkmats kmi ng fnger print at siguro nman impossible kng sabay kming ipinanganak sa isang ina at wla rin nman akng kkambal. At imposible rin kng priha kmi ng identity ng k hit ko.. First time ko s online at first time n na HIT. Bakit kaya??

• dan camo-camo diano says:

bakit na HIT ako wala naman akung ginagawang criminal .. ? ano ba ang kailangan kung gawin ,,,?

• Carolina Royol Lui says:

ask ko lng po bakit nhit Name ko.Dati nmankpg ngapply ako 1 & ko na po day lng nakukuha

• Iamtotallydisappointed says:

bakit ang kukupad niyong mga nasa gobyerno???!!! kaya tayo di umuusad dahil sa mga kabagalan niyo!! kung na HIT ang tao bakit hindi niyo magawang iverify agad?? sana gawin niyo naman ng maayos mga trabaho niyo wag ‘yong pakupad-kupad.

• hazel says:

Ask ko lang po kung paano maalis ung record sa pangalan ko na may small claim case

• Jovelyn says:

hi gudpm po, gusto ko lng po sana malaman bk8 ng kmuha po aq ng nbi travel for abroad ei na hit po aq , e ka2kuha ko lng po ng nbi last month for requirements po local, ngaun po ngapply aq for travel abroad ngka hint nnmn po aq . e ang Alam ko po naayos kona po ung record ko sa MTC .

• lovely lyn says:

Hi po?ung asawa q Po petition xa Ng mother NIA Sa USA kumuha xa Ng nbi eh maling apelyido nlgay NIA dpat apelyido Ng mother NIA eh Yung nailgay Ng babe dun Sa nbi family name Ng father NIA..maapektuhn ba Ung petition NIA doon?ano Po dapt gawin NIA pls reply.thnxs in advance..

• Mikey says:

i arrived 630 here at galle the nbi closes at 700pm. They told me that they are already closed as they can only entertain first 500 applicants. I insisted to get one because the website said theres no cutoff as to the number of applicants. They accommodated me… To my surprise the last step said that i got a hit. I saw the computer’s monitor when they are processing my clearance and wala naman akong napansin na kakaiba. The guy just stamped my receipt with a hit and i have to go back sep 30 pa daw. Do u think napagtripan ako? Btw, i have the most unique first name and lastname in the world.

• Leo says:

At sa huli.. hit ako… WTF talagah I paid for two clearances para sa local employement and travel abroad.. and nakaka.ini pa ung attendant is friend ko pa shiiiit naman talaga paano ako na hit ehhh last summer kumuha ako sa ibang lungsod saba ok naman kung d ko lang nawala yung clearanace na yun.. WTF system ng NBI ngaun hintay na naman ako 1 month….

• jewel sevillo says:

Pa help po paano pag may utang na di na nabayaran sa avon,pc,tupperware ma hit po ba magiging kaso po ba yon ? matatagalan ba pag kuha ng NBI clearance . pero wala naman nag padala ni anong sulat sa akin at di na sila nagttext .. reply po tnx

• sai says:

Nagbabago po ba ang nbi i.d no. na nakalagay sa clearance pag nagrerenew? I noticed kasi na may nbi clearance verification sa website and I tried writing my old nbi i.d no. tapos lumabas ung status ng old nbi clearance ko with expiration date. Nag apply ako for renewal at ‘HIT’ ung result kaya kelangan pa balikan. Is it possible to check online ung status ng new nbi clearance using ung nbi i.d no. nung expired clearance?

• MrRight says:

pwede po ba i claim kahit saang branch? sa main office po kasi ako nag biometrics then HIT, pwede bang kunin sa pinakamalapit na branch nlng?

• lavzky says:

I’m in need of advice and clarification. I borrowed money from this lending company last 2006. May naiwan akong utang of not more than 5000. They filed a complaint of ESTAFA sa korte pero after a few months. They file for Motion to dismiss because of misaccounting and misapprehension. Would that mean po ba na tapos na ang case and magkakaron ba ako ng record sa NBI?Please help!

• rodolfo cedron says:

pano ko po malalaman ang releasing ng clearance ko kung kailan ko kukunin? via online po kc ako nag apply, at sa bayad center po ako nahbayad, at wala nman po naka indicate na date kung kailan ko pupuntahan at kukunin yung nbi clearance ko.

• Martini says:

Ako pag punta ko kanina sa NBI.. after ma encode ni ate select nya yung NEW.. pero renewal ako.. tapos yun WITH HIT!! wala naman akong natatandaang nakaaway or may nag file criminal case… bakit ganun waste of my time at burden!!

• Larryson says:

I think its not good. Renewal of my nbi clearance was HIT. instead na mapabilis pagkuha ko lalo pang bumagal sa online. Sana maclear agad para makapagaply ng trabaho.

• Nicolette Vendivil says:

Pwede po ba makuha yun nbi clearance sa kahit saang branch ng nbi?

• jeric roldan says:

Good day po ask ko lang po makukuha ko po ba ang nbi clearance ko kase year 2012 nagkakaso ako sa lipa city branch pero tapus na yung kaso dismiss na at may dismissal order na ako. makakaalis po ba ako ng bansa kase may balak po ako mag abroad eh wala na naman po akong kaso kase dismiss na maraming salamat po..

• wheg says:

Hello po pahelp naman .what if until now di ko pa po naclaclaim yung nbi clearance ko,nagapply po ako noong july 13 sa jcentre mall mandaue cebu but now nasa La Union na po ako . Anu po yun magpapagawa na lang po ulit o pwede pa pong iclaim and if pwede pa pong iclaim pwedeng sa la union nbi office ko na iclaclam??

• dianabantaya says:

Ask ko lang po kckumuha ako ng nbi noong july 2014 tapos. Noong sep. 9 2007 may nangyari na ung coctumer namin na over price ang resibo nya tapos nireklamo nya kami sa police at denatain ng isang araw pero ung na over price namin hnd naman kalakihan pwd sanang pag usapan nami kya lng ayaw nya kc ung ibabayad daw nmin marami daw cyang pera. Tapos dumaan kmu sa fiscal.. Naguluhan ung piscal kc daw kinting halaga lang namn.. Tapoa nong tapos na basahin ng fiscal ung nangyari sa amin bkt kami nireklamo biglang nagpabayad ung nagreklamo ng 29tw.. Tapos binayaran ng employrq namin at pinalbas na kmi sa detention.. Hnd ako makuha ng nbi kc kailangab kong kumuha ng clearence about dismisal.. Tanong ko lng pwd po ako makuha ng police clearance kc hnh naman kmi ng finger print noon penerahan lang kmi ng costumer namin.. Mag repflect ba ang nbi ko sa police.. Pls reply

• Rin says:

guys, na-hit ako.. 10 days ba un o 10 working days ? d kse nasabi

• SARA says:

FYI. Guys. Di po tayo ma-HIT dahil sa mga utang na hindi nabayaran credit card man yan o internet plan o kung ano ano pa. na-Hit po tayo kasi may kapangalan which is for futher checking pa ng NBI kung may criminal records ba o wala o ikaw ba yun o hind. kaya sa mga may utang sa credit card. Kalma 🙂 Just Saying.

• Glenn Manalo says:

Surely the odds are almost none that you have a namesake born on the same place, date and time; same identifying marks and appearance (photo included in the online application); etc., that would take THE NATIONAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION 8 days to verify what needs to be verified, at this age of technology. BTW, I did get my passport longer than NBI’s 8 day promise. That’s good news. ABTW, for some reason, the lady at te counter didn’t bother looking at my valid IDs when she saw my online application.A work in progress, I understand. Hope is a wonderful thing. Looking forward. Godbless.

• Eric says:

Hi nag apply na ako noon ng nbi clearance mga year 2000 pa and ngayon kailangan ko ng nbi clearance for traveling abroad. Ang tanong ko is ano ang status ko \new applicant”o \””renew application\””? Wala na rin yung old copy ko ng nbi clearance way back year 2000.”””

• Abnimer Bontilao Asumbrado says:

good day! may tanong sana ako bakit po ako na hit.eh bago lang naman ako nag kuha nang clearance last january 15 2015 at nun di naman ako na hit,bakit ngayun ganun.???salamat.

• Eli Recto says:

dalawang beses na akong na Hit, bakit pgkatapos nilang ayusin, ganoon pa rin. Dapat, i file nila, ganoon lng un db. Kung hindi naman, alamin nila ang birthday, edad, mga nagulang, saan pinanganak, kung wala o may asawa, trabaho o propesyon, jan lng maayos na nila yun. Ang hirap kc kapag naayos na nila, wala. Kaya kapag ngrenew, hit ba naman. Pk ayos nio naman ang proceso nio. Salamat po.

• Vince says:

It was also my first time to apply for an NBI clearance at Robinsons Galleria today. Grabe lang! I went there as early as 6 in the morning just to get a HIT status at 2PM. Mabagal and hindi systematized yung buong process. The more irking part is that my scheduled release date is on Sept. 23 pa! Kalokohan tong NBI.

• shaira muro says:

Hi, ask ko lng po kung pwd ko ba mkuha ung nbi clearance not the exact date ng released nya ksi hndi ako available that day but i will get it the next day, ok lng po ba un?

• Greeggggegeggege says:

Pwede ba na di makuha agad yung nbi clearance sa scheduled date na irerelease? Nahit kasi ako thanks

• nbi online hit applicant says:

Gaano na po katagal ngayon ang antayan sit kapag online application at may hot namesake? kailangan ko po ito as prc requirement for board exam eh kailangan poumabot sa prc deadline by sep16. abot po kaya ang release ng clearance komamaya pa lang po ako pa-process sa nbi satellite officd.

• Daisy says:

May tanung ako, I applied online for nbi but pinili ko mag pay sa bank, but since its my first time , i failed to click the link in the site, to see the steps, so i just went to nbi and pay there, and get my pic and everything, in the end na hit ako. After that I went home and delete my transaction in my account sa nbi online ksi nakasulat unpaid sa bank, Do you think it will still be process? I still have a record of my ref no. in my phone?

• yo mamma says:

I AM BATMAN!! hihi

• yo mamma says:
  • jc gofredo says:

hello. nag apply ung kaoffice ko. mas mabilis na raw. hehe

• Toni says:

Pumunta po ako sa nbi taft sa manila para magpa nbi clearance then di ko po nakuha the day itself at pinababalik po ako nun aug 25 nakabalik na po ako yesterday aug 26 and ok naman po ng iask ko po kung saan ako pupunta kasi pinababalik ako sabi sa releasing then punta naman po ako ng pumunta po ako walang pila diretso agad pinakita ko lang po yun receipt ko the ni print na nila then bayad ng p5. Thats it uwi na ako 🙂 . Thanks

• bernardino tismo says:

sir paano po makukuha ng anak ko yng nbi nya nawala po yng stab ano po ba dapat gawin thanks po

• Tristan says:

Hi guys! How often can you get an NBI Clearance? I got one last May 16, 2014 and I got it in one day, CLEAR po at NO RECORD. However, I left the original copy in my Manila, and I need a new original one for my new employer here in Iloilo City. I tried to get one this morning, to my dismay, I got HIT! Was it because I took another NBI clearance within one year, just 4 months after I took the first one. I’m so confused. I’m planning to go back tomorrow and ask around, that is if they would entertain me. Please enlighten me? Thanks….

• Gerald says:

ako rin sa mandaluyong pako kumuha, nag bayad pa ako sa online na yan 40 pesos, august 10 2015, sabi sa august 25 ko na balikan, 2 weeks pa(pambihira) ngayon sa main office na daw sa taff avenue(layo) kasi may kapangalan din ang aking, taon taon nga ako kung kumuha ng nbi, ngayon pa nangyari sa akin eto, huling kuha ko 2013 expired sa 2014 grabe talaga!!!

• Sidfrey says:

Is it possible na kahit hindi ka na-HIT eh di mo matatapos ung processing ng clearance within a day? Thanks for the response.

• Ria says:

nakaka p*tang ina. bat ako na \hit”dahil sa pangalan lang? Para san pa yung biometrics? pinapabalik ako ng sept.7 >_< September 7 pa!! akala ko ba mas mabilis na ngayon?! Para san pa yung nagset ka ng appointment! BULOK talaga sistema ng Pilipinas!”””

• mochaloca says:

I got hit! damn! I hope it’s not about my cc debt! 🙁

• rio says:

possible ba na dahil sa unpaid account sa SUN PLAN ako na HIT?? huhu I paid alrealdy when that lawyer ‘daw’ ask me to settle my account..at unique naman pangalan ko..I believe wala ako kapangalan..ayy iwan..buti nlng balik ako Sept.1 instead of Sept.9 kc naawa yung releasing officer. #crossingfinger #huhu

• Maica Cadivida says:

Hi, good day po i just have a quick question and i’m not quite sure if i’m on the right page , anyway here’s my question possible po ba na maclaim yung NBI clearance after few days it was scheduled to be released? Sa receipt po kasi nakalagay 08-28-2014 and i will not be available by that time not until 9-2-2014 . Magkaka problem po ba ako if sa 9-02 ko na siya i-claim? Please help and all your response will very much appreciated. Thank you po and God Bless!

• PhilGov Sucksss says:

Lage na lang binabalita sa tv na mas mabilis na ang bagong systema ng pagkuha ng mga government requirements. Bulag ba sila at nagbibingihan lang? Baka ang ibig sabihin nila ay mas mabilis pa sa pagong. Ang mahal na nga, ang bagal pa!

• tess says:

I went to Robinsons Dasma today for NBI. I had my online form ready. Aside from the pdf file in my phone, I also had a printed copy ready. I went there hoping na maximum of 2 hours lang ang kailangan then makakauwi na ako with my NBI clearance. Oh boy, suntok sa buwan pala ang inaakala ko! I arriveda at 10am, went straight to Lingkod Center, but I was told that I had to get my online form numbered. I had to go to the basement for the numbering of my form. I thought of what I read in NBI website that we dont have to print the online form, that we only need to remember the code. Well, that’s not true. They will get your form so you have to remember your number. Going back to my exprience, and so I had my form numbered, and it’s 294. And there’s a note that for those 201 and up, we just have to go back at 2pm. So much for my hope na maximum na ang 2 hours para matapos ko ang lakad ko sa nbi. By 2pm, #80+ pa lang. What the h! By 3pm I think, somebody from the NBI made an announcement, apologized for the delay, informing us that they encountered a technical problem. And so on and so on. Pinaakyat na din ang mula 281 and up ng mga past 4pm. Sa wakas di ba. After another hour, I was almost there na, picture taking, finger printing, and boom!!! WITH HIT!!!! This is my first time to get NBI clearance na married na ako. The last time na kumuha ako eh single pa ako at walang hit. My question is, naghit ba ako dahil sa married name ko? I mean dahil sa apelyido ng husband ko? Naiinis lang ako kasi so many information na nasa form na pwedeng gamitin na pangcheck, anjan pa ang finger prints. Kesa pababalikin pa ang tao. And about so online online na yan, naaawa ako sa mga kasabay ko kasi kailangan p nila gumastos ng 40 pesos sa internet shop para lang sa online registration. Then malalaman mo na mas mabilis pa pag di ka na lang nag-online. Haha. By the time na pinaakyat na kami, puro na lang kami online applicants. Tapos na yung mga walk-in. So much for the modernization of NBI. Modernization just paved way for corruption kasi hindi naman napabilis and processing. Dagdag gastos pa sa part ng applicant.