Over the years, the NBI Clearance has been one of the most popular Valid Identification to obtain. One of the reason is, the NBI Clearance is government-issued and it is easy to obtain. It is also one of the basic requirements for most employer’s before we get hired, plus its instantly provides a background check that serves as a proof that we don’t have a “stained” criminal record.
This post has been update today, April 22, 2016
All over the Philippines, there are hundreds of thousands of NBI Clearance Online applicants daily. It’s such an embarrassment if you don’t know how to apply for one.
Well, today is the day. We will walk you through the process of NBI Clearance application so that no one will get lost when applying for one.
The key element in applying for an NBI Clearance Online is learning the entire process and what to expect so that when something happens, you won’t be shocked and lost in the dark. We will eliminate the element of surprise to avoid disappointments and irritation that most applicants suffer. So what are we waiting for? Let’s start.
To give you a brief update, NBI is now implementing the NBI Biometric Clearance systems. This means, the new system involves the scanning of the ten fingerprints of the applicant. We can now forget the previous process where we we’re assisted by a NBI Employee having our fingerprints with their messy inks on our fingers then charging us two pesos for the ink tissue with alcohol. The new system boasts a computerized finger print scanner which is really convenient for us.
The old NBI Clearance (the one with inked fingerprints) is not valid anymore for renewal. Though, it can also be used as a reference to your application.
Requirements for applying NBI Clearance
Before going to the nearest NBI Clearance Outlet, make sure to bring all the necessary requirements in applying for your NBI Clearance. NBI requires you to present two (2) valid IDs. The list of valid IDs accepted by NBI Clearance Outlet are:
- Philippine Passport
- Voter’s ID
- Driver’s License
- PRC License
- SSS ID
- GSIS UMID
- School ID
- Tax Identification Number (TIN) ID
- Philhealth ID
- Alien Certificate of Registration
- Senior Citizen
- Previous Copy of NBI Clearance
- Postal ID
Some NBI Clearance Outlets requires Community Certificate or Cedula together with the two (2) Valid Identification Cards you present. As of this writing, we still don’t know the bearing of cedula in applying for NBI Clearance. Maybe the Government wants to dupe more bucks from us.
NBI Clearance Fees
The NBI Clearance fee depends on the purpose of application, please be aware of the fees to be collected.
|NBI Clearance Purpose of Application||NBI Clearance Fees|
|Local Employment, Change of Gender, For Probation, Correction of Birthdate, Enlistment AFP, For Promotion, Enlistment PNP, ID Purposes, Custom’s Pass ID, Student Visa, Lateral Entry, Seaman, Seawoman’s Book, BID, CA, LTO, NSO, PNP, SSS, DND, DOT , Marriage and Other Requirement||P 115.00|
|Travel Abroad, Africa, Asia, Australia, Canada, Central America, Europe, Hongkong, Libya, Micronesia, Middle East, New Zealand, North America, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Qatar, Saipan, Singapore, South America, Taiwan, USA, Passport Renewal, For Deportation, Self Deportation, Immigration Requirement, Visa Australia, Canada, China, New Zealand, Visa Seaman, Seawoman, USA||P 140.00|
|Business Requirement , Change of Name, Permit to Carry Firearms, Firearms License , Adoption NFA, POEA, PRA, SEC , NTC, ACR Requirement, Special Investor’s Residence Visa||P 165.00|
|Naturalization, Cancellation of Alien Certificate Of Registration (ACR) , Repatriation||P 415.00|
Based from our experience, an NBI Clearance with the purpose of Travel Abroad can also use as a requirement in Local Employment. But an NBI Clearance for Local Employment is not acceptable for Traveling Abroad.
NBI Clearance Outlets
It is convenient that you know where you can get your NBI Clearance. Before heading down to your chosen NBI Clearance Outlets, keep in mind to wear the proper dress code. You can refer to the Guidelines to be observed in applying NBI Clearance or you can refer to the Proper Dress codes in applying for NBI Clearance. The list of NBI Clearance outlets in Metro Manila is enumerated below:
|Within Metro Manila|
|NBI Clearance Center – U.N Avenue, Ermita. Manila|
|Quezon City Hall – Makatarungan St, Diliman, QC|
|Montalban Rizal – Ground Flr., Municipal Hall|
|Muntinlupa City – Victory Shopping Center, Alabang|
|Mandaluyong City Hall – Maysilo Circle, Mandaluyong City|
|Las Pinas City – Las Pinas City Hall or SM Center Las Pinas (near and infront of Las Pinas City Hall)|
|Robinson’s Place – Basement 1 Ermita, Manila|
|Robinson’s Otis – Level 2 Guanzon St., Paco, Manila|
|Robinson’s Galleria – Basement 1 Ortigas Ave., QC|
|Robinson’s Metro East – Level4 Marcos Hi-way Pasig|
|Robinson’s Cainta – Level 2 Junction Cainta, Rizal|
|Robinson’s Novaliches,- Novaliches, QC|
|Ever Gotesco Recto – 3″‘ Flr Cinema 3 Recto Ave., Manila|
|Duty Free Fiesta Mall – Ninoy Aquino Ave., Paranaque City|
|Empire Mall – Edsa, Pasay City|
|Outside Metro Manila|
|Marilao Municipal Hall – Beside PNP Station, Marilao, Bulacan|
|Lipa City Hall – Lipa City, Batangas|
|Robinson’s Dasmarinas – Dasmarinas, Cavite|
|Ormoc Gaisano – Gaisano Capital Mall|
|NBI FIELD OFFICES|
|Cordillera Administrative Region – Upper Session Road Baguio City|
|Ilocos Regional Office – Aguila Road Sevilla Norte San Fernando City|
|Dagupan District Office – A. B. Fernandez West Dagupan City|
|Laoag District Office – Brgy 10 P Gomez St, Laoag City|
|Cagayan Valley Regional Office – Government Center Carig Sur Tuguegarao City|
|Bayombong District Office – Capitol Compound Bayombong Nueva Vizcaya|
|lsabela District Office – National Highway Brgy Osmena Ilagan Isabela|
|Central Luzon Regional Office – Capitol Compound City of San Fernando Pampanga|
|Bulacan District Olftce – Capitol Compound Guinhawa, City of Malolos, Bulacan|
|Cabanatuan Dislrict Office – Llanera St Old Provincial Capitol Cmpd Cabanaluan City|
|OlongapoDistrict Office – 17 Kentucky Lane Upper Kalaklan Olongapo City|
|Tarlac District Office – Brgy Macabulos Drive San Roque Tarlac City|
|CALABARZON – Capitol Site Capitol Hills Batangas City|
|Cavite District Office – J.P. Rizal St. Kaybagal South Tagaytay City|
|Lucena District Office – NIA Compound Genes Aguilar St., Lucena City|
|Laguna District Office – Rizal Blvd Brgy. Tagapo City of Sta Rosa, Laguna|
|MIMAROPA – Sitio Cuadro Aguas Brgy Sta Isabel, Calapan City|
|Puerto Princesa District Office – Taft St., Brgy Liwanag, Puerto Princesa City, Palawan|
|Bicol Regional Office – Maria Cristina St.,Naga City|
|Legazpi District Office – Quezon Avenue Legazpi City|
|Western Visayas Regional Office – Duran St., Fort San Pedro Iloilo City|
|Bacolod District Office – Aguinaldo St. Bacolod City|
|Central Visayas Regional Office – Escario St., Capitol Site, Cebu City|
|Dumaguete District Office – Capitol Area Daro Dumaguete City|
|Samar District Office – Old Health Bldg., Capitol Site Catbalogan City|
|Western Mindanao Regional Office – 19 Corcuera St. Zamboanqa City|
|Dipolog District Office – Quezon Ave Sta Isabel, Dipolog City|
|Pagadian District Office – BALGU Bldg., Capitol Compound, Pagadian City|
|Northeastern Mindanao Regional Office – Capitol Compound Cagayan de Oro City|
|lligan District Office – IBP Bldg., Badelles St. Pala-o lliqan City|
|Southeastern Mindanao Regional Office – J.P. Laurel Avenue, Davao City|
|Tagum District Office – Door 5 Duson Apt. National Highway Visayan village Tagum|
|Central Mindanao Regional Office – 2nd Ftoor South Cotabato Gymnasium Koronadal City|
|Saranggani District Office – San Pecto St. lagao, General Santos City|
|ARMM – Governor Gutierrez Avenue. Cotabato City|
|CARAGA – 2nd Floor FCB Bldg., J Rosales Ave Butuan City|
We cannot say which NBI Clearance outlet has the least applicants because (1) we can’t monitor the volume of applicants daily per NBI Clearance Outlet and (2) it’s really pure luck if you manage to get your NBI Clearance on your target processing time.
All NBI Processing Centers are open from Mondays to Fridays except Holidays.
NBI Clearance Outlet office hours varies from one to another.
- Regional and District Offices, Local Government Units and Ever Gotesco Malls are open from 8:00AM to 5:00PM
- NBI Clearance in Robinsons Malls is open from 10:00AM to 7:00PM
- Duty Free Philippines is open from 9:00AM to 5:00PM
Steps in Applying NBI Clearance
- Fill out and present the accomplished application form together with two (2) valid ID’s to the Data Check Counter for checking if data are complete and correct. Make sure that you accurately fill out your NBI Clearance Application Form or else it will be returned to you for corrections.This is the part where you wait in line. Several NBI Clearance Outlets encounter long queue lines of applicants in obtaining a blank NBI Clearance Application Form and in the presentation of the filled out Application form to the Data Check Counter. What you need here is to be patient and wait for your turn.
- Pay for the corresponding NBI Clearance fee at the Payment Counter. Refer to the NBI Clearance Fee above for the fees related to the purpose of your application. This might sound redundant but you need to fall in line again (after the Data Check Counter). This time, you’ll pay the corresponding NBI Clearance Fee.
- The data on the application form will be encoded at the Data Entry or Encoding Counter. A PC monitor is provided for the Applicants to check any encoding error, thus, avoiding repayment on their part and complaint against the encoder. You don’t have to do anything here. The NBI Clearance Personnel will encode every detail that you have disclosed in your application form. Your only responsibility here is to write legibly. You don’t want the NBI Clearance Personnel to get confused with your poor handwriting.
- Picture-taking or image capture and scanning of the applicant’s fingerprints (Biometrics) will follow. It is not clearly stated in NBI Clearance Application if having a beard or mustache is allowed. We’re not aware of “No Beard, No Mustache Policy”. But for those people who really don’t mind shaving, then do it. Those who feel not shaving, do whatever you want. Remember that if the NBI Clearance rejects you because of your thick beard or mustache, it’s your fault. But it’s really up to you and we don’t have a business in your personal lives, so feel free to do anything.Finger printing is one easy task to accomplish. You just need to place your ten fingers on the scanner and that’s it.
- At the Image and Biometric Counter, name of applicant is automatically searched against the Name Database to check whether one has no or with namesake. This is the part where you need to pray that you don’t have a namesake. Because if you do, further verification will be needed.
- NBI Clearance certificate of one who has no namesake will be printed at the Printing Counter and released on the same date of application. Those with namesakes are verified against the Criminal History Database to check whether one has criminal record/s.
- Those with namesakes are advised to proceed to the Releasing Counter. The release date is written at the back of the Official Receipt when to claim your NBI Clearance. The applicants with “Hit” Status will return to the NBI Clearance Outlet after Eight (8) working days.
- Those found to have criminal records are advised to proceed to the Quality Control for interview. Interviewers will require an applicant to execute an Affidavit of Denial if he is not the offender and Court Clearance/Order if he is the offender.
Guidelines to be observed in applying NBI Clearance
The following guidelines must be observed by any applicants:
- NBI Clearance is a First Come First Serve Basis.
- NBI Clearance Applicants must observe proper dress code. Avoid coming to the venue wearing slippers, shorts and sando to prevent rejection.
- Applicants must bring two (2) valid ID. Government Issued ID’s are preferred.
- Courtesy lanes are provided for Senior Citizens, Pregnant Women, Nursing Mother and those with Disability (PWD).
- There is no more renewal of NBI Clearance anymore. However, the old NBI Clearance (with ink fingerprints) can be attached to your application form for NBI Personnel’s reference.
- NBI Clearance can be claimed by any Authorized Person of the Applicant as long as an Authorization Letter is provided.
While most of the people still prefer the old conventional way, we highly suggest using the NBI Clearance Online Application (NBI E-Clearance). We have heard a lot of positive feedback about the new NBI Clearance Online application. You can learn more about the NBI Clearance Online application here.
If you are a Filipino living abroad and you are trying to apply for NBI Clearance, you may read this guide on how you can easily submit your NBI Clearance application in any part of the world.
Our job is done here. Are there any noteworthy information that we have missed? Some practical tips that we left out? Please share us your thoughts and help others especially the future NBI Clearance applicants.
Write them down in the comments section. Have a great day ahead!