NBI Clearance Quality Control Interview

September 20, 2018 10:12 am

It was really annoying because (1) the NBI Clearance Personnel asked me to go to NBI Clearance Main Office where Quality Control Interview is held. I applied for my NBI Clearance in Las Pinas which I have to travel two hours from home and (2) it delays the releasing of my NBI Clearance.

I’ve been asking myself what the heck is this Quality Control Interview? I have encountered five years of having a HIT status, what’s in it this time?

What is NBI Clearance Quality Control Interview?

In my own understanding, NBI Clearance Quality Control Interview is a process by which an NBI Personnel reviews or verify the true identity of the NBI Clearance applicant.

This results from receiving a HIT Status in Database verification process. The derogatory record can be his or her own criminal case or under his namesake. In short, your name has been tagged as critical and NBI wants to make sure that they’ll be giving out NBI Clearances to “clean” persons.

Why is this Happening?

The disappointment of not having my NBI Online really bugs me while sitting on the cab going to the NBI Main Office. Why did NBI Clearance Main office doing this Quality Control Interview? Then I realize few things that might be a good reason why applicants is suffering this.

Maybe:

• You have a pending or ongoing case.
  • You are under for arrest and needs to be identified in relation to a crime by the Police Authorities
  • Your Namesake has a pending or ongoing case or
  • Your namesake are under for arrest and needs to be identified in relation to a crime by the Police Authorities

What to do if asked to attend Quality Control Interview?

It’s really a no brainer this time, if you are asked by the NBI Clearance Personnel to attend the Quality Control Interview then you have to.

Read: NBI Online Registration

If you have a clean conscience and have a clean record and as innocent as a child, then you should go. You don’t have to be afraid, it’s not that you did anything illegal that violates our laws, are you?

• Bring at least two (2) valid supporting documentation that proves your identity. I suggest you should bring Valid IDs accepted and recognized by NBI. In my case, I brought my Philippine Passport since I just got mine recently.
  • Be on time. The NBI Personnel asked me to go there the next day at 9AM. I arrived in the place with a lot of people waiting for their turn. The person I was talking to said that the Quality Control Interviewers starts interviewing at around 8AM.
  • Wear the proper dress code. I can still see few ignorant applicants that was denied to enter the vicinity of NBI Clearance Office because they are wearing slippers and short. You are going inside a Government Building; therefore, everyone is required to wear proper and decent attire. When I say proper and decent, you don’t have to wear your Barong or your Necktie and Suit.
  • In case you have a criminal case, and the decision has been made. Bring the original and a photocopy of it. This will really help you to clear your record.
  • Don’t forget to bring your NBI Clearance Online Receipt.

The Quality Control Interview

While waiting for my turn, I realized that the Quality control interview is not that scary at all. I’ve seen many smiling people going out of the enclosed office where the interview is being held. I didn’t see anyone being arrested! Maybe because applicants with criminal case don’t bother to come to the scheduled interview because they really know that they will be instantly arrested because of the crime they have done.

Multi Purpose Nbi Clearance

The interview lasted for about 5 to 10 minutes. The NBI Clearance Quality Control Interviewer asked simple questions, most of the time answerable by a Yes or a No. I guess she really knows that I’m not the one they been looking for (I mean my namesake).

Some questions asked are:Are you Mr. Juan Dela Cruz?

• Are you living in (your present address)?
    • How long have you been living in your (present address)?
    • Have you been to Palawan? It was the place where my namesake committed the crime.
    • Do you have a criminal case (such as) Rape, Theft, Serious Physical Injury, Attempted Murder, Plunder, Arson or Treason?

Once you easily denied all their allegations,[lol] you are directed to the NBI Clearance Resident Lawyer to take an oath.

The interviewer will give you a piece of paper, an Affidavit of Denial. You just need to fill out the form. You will be then ask to leave the room and fill out the Affidavit of Denial in the waiting area.

In working with the Affidavit of Denial, there are things you need to remember:

• It is for FREE! So avoid the oh-so-Filipino-scheme fixers waiting for unsuspecting victims outside offering their services for a fee.
  • Fill out the necessary fields: the date of your NBI application and your reference number found in the receipt your NBI Clearance Online Payment. The NBI Clearance QC Interviewer will check all the required details you need to fill out.

Once done, wait for the NBI Clearance Personnel to get your Affidavit of Denial. You will then be in queue for taking an oath. Just be patient in waiting.

When it’s your turn, you will be then ask to stand in front of the NBI Clearance Resident Lawyer.

He will ask you to raise your right hand and be ready to recite “Panatang Makabayan” lol! He will (again) ask few question which is answerable by Yes or No. Sometimes, he would ask you to say your Complete Name and Address or any Personal Details he might think of. In a few seconds, you’ll notice that it’s already finished.

The oath taking is finished! Hoooray! You’re not done yet.

Wait for your Affidavit of Denial to be notarized. This is also for free and no need to shell out some dough.

After receiving your Affidavit of Denial back, hand it over to the person who interviewed you. He or She will write the time of release of your NBI Clearance. You can now leave the room and proceed to the Printing and Releasing Section of NBI Clearance.

When the scheduled time arrives, you can easily get your NBI Clearance. Head down to the Exit door and leave the entire building of NBI Main Office and GO HOME!

When I was walking down the exit path of NBI Main Office, I decided to share my own experience so that many people can find help on the internet with their questions. Do you have one? I’d LOVE to hear your thoughts on this. I’m sure there are a stories you’ve heard that’s worth sharing? Your experience or a friend’s experience doing the Quality Control Interview when applying for an NBI Clearance Online? I am happy to hear ALL of them! Just leave a message in the comments section.

NBI Clearance HITNBI Clearance Quality Control

517 thoughts on “NBI Clearance Quality Control Interview

• rodel c. rapsing says:

it is possible that after 14 years of acquittal still my name is not clear in NBI?

does blotter and confrontation in fiscal office is not a guarantee for nbi on hit?

• ryan says:

same story but still i have it hit again i thought that my hit will be over after i went last time to the main nbi.i dont know if i will get the same interview again and again.

• Jonathan de leon says:

Thanks for this post for it has been very helpful.

• Lemon says:

Super thank you for this article. ↵I have two questions.↵1. My niece had stolen things in one known dept. store. He was caught and brought to security office. He was asked to pay for those stolen items and he did. His finger print was taken as well as his some personal info and his picture. He was informed that it was just their record and nothing to be worry about. He was then set free an asked not to do it again. This incident happened 5-6 years ago. Will this record appear on his NBI? If so, what should we do? Please we need a help. Thank you.

• Jane Angeles says:

it will not reflect in your cousin’s nbi record. All cases filed in court or in any police stations will be recorded in the database of nbi.

• JOSHUA O CAPOQUIAN says:

ANO PO BANG DAPAT GAWIN PAG MAY MALING LETTER SA IYONG NBI

• karen says:

Hi! In my case i was not able to continue my transaction on the scheduled date due to work related reasons and sadly i dont have any one to claim my nbi clearance on my behalf. I have already paid the fee and printed the document. What should i do? Is it ok if i just drop by any time or do i have to reschedule and pay again? Really need answers right now. Thanks!

• sheila says:

Sir/Madam,

Good afternoon. Can I move my appointment for filing NBI clearance tommorow May 7, 2015?

I supposed to be scheduled today May 6,2015. I already paid at BDO through Dragonpay. I already had the form filled up online. But I can’t come to the NBI offic2 now.

I need your advice please.

Thanks..

• Lorna Francisco says:

Hi what will happen if you are not aware that you have a case when you go for the Quality Control interview, will you be arrested or they will just not issue your clearance and until you resolve your case.

Thanks,

Spider pig

• paul says:

what happened to billions or millions budget for NBI????

• yelen says:

Im wondering why I have to go on a quality control interview because I dont have a hit and the nbi personnel refer me to NBI NEW BUILDING in Taft Avenue for the said interview and release of my NBI Clearance.

• Joyce says:

He SIR/ MA’AM
      Pwede ba makakuha ng NBI kahit 6 months pa ang brother ko nakalabas ng JAIL?

• yolanda moral says:

Isa p po…pnu q mllmn qng me ngfile ng kaso skin s nbi…like cguro ngalit skin dhl me ngwa aq hnd nya gusto…plssss help me po

• yolanda moral says:

Ask q lng po mtulungan m kya aq…kc po 2012 kmuha aq ng nbi tas sbi blik aq s gnun araw hnd npo aq nkblik kc ngtka aq dhl nung una aq kumuha mbilis lng pero nuong taon n un at me asawa n aq at apelyido ng asawa q gmit q bgla ngkproblema aq s pgkuha q…pede nio po b pkicheck name q s nbi qng with HIT ang name q…thanks po…

• pam says:

Hello po in my case nman po,nung 2013 kumuha ako nbi clearance local and abroad nung nakuha ko ang clearance ko tama spelling ng local at ung abroad mali spelling ng mid name ko ngayon 2015 april 13 kuha ulit ako nbi clearance at nahit na ung name ko..posible po ba n ung spelling dati ang naging dahilan ng hit wala nman ako kapangalan dati nung kumukuha ako noon salamat sa sagot

• Andy says:

Just wondering… do they actually use the biometrics to clear the applicants?…

• johnny boy says:

i went to a quality control interview last year. do you think that i would go again if my namesake did not clear his case? my 2015 clearance is to be released next week and i dont want to be endorsed again.

• jonathan l lumibao says:

hi….. bat ganun may kaparehas aq ng name …..???

• Jen says:

Pano po malaman kung my nag file ng kaso s akin s nbi

• Jennilyn says:

Ask ko lng po kung sakaling may kaso asawa ko sa nbi pwd b sya makasuhan dn..

• Oyet says:

thank you for this blog. it has been really helpful, especially for a first timer who has been called for a NBI QC interview. but hey, at least it gives me a sort of assurance that NBI exerts effort to ensure they don’t give out clearance without verifying.

• JOY says:

_HI PO ASK KO LNG PO IF SAKALING MY KASO PO AKO AT HND NA NATULOY PWD PA PO PA AKNG MAKAKUHA NG NBI TNX O GODBLESS

• Lei says:

Hello po, pwede po b aq magpacheck ng name ng isang tao if my record sa nbi? Kung meron, how? Andito po kasi ako Europe. Salamat po ng marami s reply.

• Jess says:

Hi po. i am 14 years old in that time at may nagawa po akong malaking kasalanan sa isang mall at pinapunta ako sa opisina at pina finger print nila ako and for me its minor criminal offense. I am now 18 years old. I am wondering pag nag kuha ba ako ng NBI CLEARANCE possible po bang may kaso na ako or huhulihin, sasampahan ng kaso or what so ever ?? Makukuha ko pa ba yong NBI clearance. Pls answer po i need your opinion thanks..

• Anyella says:

Hi. What time did you arrive at the NBI Taft Satellite Office? How long was your waiting time?

• Roxan Cruz Carullo says:

Ask ko lng po if pwd bang magsampa ng kaso Laban sa mga taong may mga utang sakin ng matagal na dito ako sa Kuwait at yon mga taong may mga malalaking utang sakin at nandito din pro nagtatago,ano po pwede ko ipasa na requirements pra sila at ma I demands q thru online sa NBI? Plz send me a reply tnx

• Paul Tan says:

thanks for the info.! Its a big help.. 🙂

• estrello yordan says:

Kagagaling ko Lang po sa nbi u.n.ave.para kumuha ng clearance pero may HIT ang name ko.ngaun ko Lang naranasan ito.wala naman along kaso o ka pangalan.bakit po kaya?

• ENRIQUE LANDINGIN says:

I couldn’t believed what just happened 2 months ago. I need an NBI clearance, so I applied a new one. It’s been a problem of mine a very long time ago, since 1989 for a petty crime I got involved in. It’s still a hit but, when I came back after 2 weeks or so, I don’t have any derogatory records. I thank God. Please read my previous comment below to see the story behind this.

• Jason Padilla says:

If you know someone working there ( MTC/RTC) it would be easy for you..If you’re going to work on yourself lahat ng hirap mararanasan mo start from filing of forms to verify clearly if your case is still active..Me, myself encountered that kind of agony when i the QC officer informed that i still have that case on going and she even told me if i stayed or lived from the address stated from that case…But when we visited that MTC..as soon as i gave that form she simply replied that i have mu case ongoing without checking it to think that case happened last 1997 she even replied that there photos attached on that form they have..

My sister of mine got a friend and so happened that she is a lawyer and have too many connections from that MTC…which made my case easily verified from their data base. As that clerk continues checking it she even repeat that oh perhaps that person is the as you. meaning kamukha ko daw yung taong naka post which i’ve felt irritated…finally when i checked it i was not mine and hindi sakin yun at we have the same name. Now i’ve got my NBI clearance..Thanks sa mga taong tumulong sakin kasi sabi nila kung mag isa ka lang pababaliki ka palgi.. Kya i would advised if you know someone inside the process will be so smooth..

• MarkAnthonyNavarro says:

Thank you it helps a lot for the first time like me. Actually we have the same process.. so many years i always hit then after 3 or 1 weeks. It release so nothing to worry about it when i got it. but then after this year i get a new one. then after the officers of n.b.i. tell me that i need to go head office because i’m in quality control. i felt that time was i said to myself that did i do something wrong i don’t remember i committed a crime before that will reflect my N.B.I. clearance i always get n.b.i. then it always hit but then now it changes.

• Melanie says:

thanks for the info. great page!

• Mic says:

Having a demand letter doesn’t equate you of having a civil case. A civil case needs to be filed first so that you’ll be able to have a record that might affect your status in the nbi.

• Walden says:

Thanks.
    I was just surprised to get a HIT Status.
    I applied for an NBI clearance last March 18, 2016at the QC City Hall and got a No Hit Status. But the purpose was wrong so I went to NBI office here at UN Avenue to apply for a new purpose on it. Then I suddenly got HIT Status. But reading through your articles, it could be because I already applied and that could be the problem.

• Ludette says:

thanks so much for this! i got a hit applying on my NBI clearance. i had it when i started using my married name. i got cleared on my first NBI clearance few years back. and now the processing have changed. i was also asked to go to the main office for the interview”. so i have nothing to worry about and should just go early to have it done! thanks so much!”

• johanna oplimo says:

Okay! I got hit too..and it really bugs me.

• Sheila says:

Tanong ko lang po..na hit na ako bfor kac pangalan ng asawa ko marami kaparehang name.pwde ba change nlng ako n aplyedo total widdow nmn ako.tapos nag aalala ako kc may mg utang akong d na bayaran nka recv ako ng mga demand letter ano pamgyayari may kaso po ba yan pra masabit ako at d mkakuha ng nbi?pls pki sagut nmn na kinakbahan ako.kukuha ako ng nbi kc plan ko work abroad pls reply po .thnk u

• cristy pida says:

how to get nbi clearance via online

• Jayson says:

Tanong q lang pinapupunta q baliwag para kumuha ng police clearance (d q pa po alam pumunta baliwag d aq pamiryar sa lugar) me police clearance n q ng hagonoy pati lahat ng proof ng identification q….Tiga hagonoy po aq…Anu po pwede q gawin…Kailangan q p b talaga pumunta baliwag para kumuha ng police clearance….ayaw kasi bigay sa kin nbi clearance q me kapangalan aq na me kaso….salamat po!!! Malinis po record q.

• Bethliz says:

Ang Hindi nabayarang utang sa credit card at mgA tel company Ay Hindi kasama sa kasong criminal i big sabihan pwede ka pa ring kumuha ng nbi clearance kasi nga ang mga utang na di nabayarang Ay puma pasok sa civil case…pag pi√±a punts ka sa main opis ng NBI ibig sabihan May kapangalan ka na may kasong criminal ..at kung Alam mo naman na wala kang kasong criminal Ay wala kang dapat i pag alala ..ulitin ko ang di pag abayas ng utang Ay kasong civil at Hindi Ito hadlang sa pagkuha mo ng NBI clearance

• Dave says:

Will this Quality Control Interview clear one from being HIT again the next time we apply for an NBI Clearance?

My experience over twenty years, once you are HIT, you are forever HIT every time you apply for a clearance.

• edward magno j. says:

tnx!!! for the info.

• Maryjoy says:

Itatanong ko lang po kung pwede pa ba ipabago yung middle initial ko
    Nagkamali kc …
    Dapat junio kc yun
    Edano nailagay ko
    Akala ko kc gitnang apelyido ng ina sa pag ka dalaga…
    Magka hiwalay pla yun…

• Jesus M. Garcia, Jr. says:

Applied for NBI clearance the last two (2) years always with HIT, this my 3rd time to apply (travel abroad) malamang may HIT na naman at punta na naman sa Main Office, sana updated na record nila to distinguish yung me criminal record sa wala.

Tnx.

• TJ P. says:

I just went to the NBI Main this morning. That was the 1st time I got a HIT. I didn’t commit any crime. I was a victim of a crime that happened just this year. I got beat up by some thugs for what ever reason. My mother went to the police station to report the incident. Thats the only thing I can think of because thats the only time I got involved with thugs and police men. I can guarantee that I’m the only person in the country to have such a name. No one else has the same 1st, middle & last name combination. So I know that this HIT is really under my name. I know I didn’t commit any crime. I don’t have a police record nor have I been Blottered or reported to a Barangay official for doing criminal offence. I’m not scared or anything, its just that I spent 3 hours in line and had to wake up at 2 AM just to be there as early as I could. 1st time ever I got a HIT. Now my job application is deemed Pending since I haven’t completed my requirements yet. I just got home. Im tired. No job because of this. And I have to memorize that Panatang Makabayan” thing again. I pay my taxes. I follow the rules. They wouldn’t even explain to me why I have a HIT on the same day. They should change the system. If there is a HIT

• Rodrigo Dulinis says:

Nakakuha ka na ng NBI Clearance at ano yung nakalagay?

• eves says:

Ask ko lang po nag awol po ako sa isang company makakaepekto po ba ito sa nbi at police clearance ko po? thank you very much po

• alvin aquino says:

Hello po, kumuha po ako ng nbi clearance para po sa passport, babalikan ko po kasi hit pa rin ano po ang dapat kong gawin para ma-clear na yung hit ko before. Thank you and godbless

• Johanna villaflores says:

Im waiting for your answer for this question thank you..im getting worried because this requirement is needed for my job

• Johanna villaflores says:

I had a jaywalking penalty ticket of 500php this feb 28 in quezon city.i didnt pay for it because i didnt have enough money.now i just came back to bicol..i need to apply for an nbi clearance..will i have a hit in the nbi and police?

• eltirador says:

got my nbi clearance today and i was schedule for quality interview then the interviewer ask my old nbi clearance the im done i just wait for less than 5mins in the realising area then i got it

• Carlo says:

is there a possibility that they want you for an interview to verify your real name because you didn’t put your complete name on the nbi clearance form?

• Nervousbreakdown says:

Good day, ako po ay isang stuyante at katatapos ko lang mag aral sa kursong marine engineering, noong araw nakababa ako sa barko nag drive ako sa motorcycle ko na walang rehistro at expire na driver license ko at nahuli ako sa check point at kinasuhan ako nang simple disobedence. kanina lang nagkuha ako nang NBI CLEARANCE at na hit po ako wala na po bang solution to. need ko NBI CLEARANCE PARA MAKA BOARD EXAM. Please sana may maka advice, ako pa naman breed winner nang pamilya ko salamat.