NBI Clearance Quality Control Interview

September 20, 2018 10:12 am

It was really annoying because (1) the NBI Clearance Personnel asked me to go to NBI Clearance Main Office where Quality Control Interview is held. I applied for my NBI Clearance in Las Pinas which I have to travel two hours from home and (2) it delays the releasing of my NBI Clearance.

I’ve been asking myself what the heck is this Quality Control Interview? I have encountered five years of having a HIT status, what’s in it this time?

What is NBI Clearance Quality Control Interview?

In my own understanding, NBI Clearance Quality Control Interview is a process by which an NBI Personnel reviews or verify the true identity of the NBI Clearance applicant.

This results from receiving a HIT Status in Database verification process. The derogatory record can be his or her own criminal case or under his namesake. In short, your name has been tagged as critical and NBI wants to make sure that they’ll be giving out NBI Clearances to “clean” persons.

Why is this Happening?

The disappointment of not having my NBI Online really bugs me while sitting on the cab going to the NBI Main Office. Why did NBI Clearance Main office doing this Quality Control Interview? Then I realize few things that might be a good reason why applicants is suffering this.

Maybe:

• You have a pending or ongoing case.
  • You are under for arrest and needs to be identified in relation to a crime by the Police Authorities
  • Your Namesake has a pending or ongoing case or
  • Your namesake are under for arrest and needs to be identified in relation to a crime by the Police Authorities

What to do if asked to attend Quality Control Interview?

It’s really a no brainer this time, if you are asked by the NBI Clearance Personnel to attend the Quality Control Interview then you have to.

Read: NBI Online Registration

If you have a clean conscience and have a clean record and as innocent as a child, then you should go. You don’t have to be afraid, it’s not that you did anything illegal that violates our laws, are you?

• Bring at least two (2) valid supporting documentation that proves your identity. I suggest you should bring Valid IDs accepted and recognized by NBI. In my case, I brought my Philippine Passport since I just got mine recently.
  • Be on time. The NBI Personnel asked me to go there the next day at 9AM. I arrived in the place with a lot of people waiting for their turn. The person I was talking to said that the Quality Control Interviewers starts interviewing at around 8AM.
  • Wear the proper dress code. I can still see few ignorant applicants that was denied to enter the vicinity of NBI Clearance Office because they are wearing slippers and short. You are going inside a Government Building; therefore, everyone is required to wear proper and decent attire. When I say proper and decent, you don’t have to wear your Barong or your Necktie and Suit.
  • In case you have a criminal case, and the decision has been made. Bring the original and a photocopy of it. This will really help you to clear your record.
  • Don’t forget to bring your NBI Clearance Online Receipt.

The Quality Control Interview

While waiting for my turn, I realized that the Quality control interview is not that scary at all. I’ve seen many smiling people going out of the enclosed office where the interview is being held. I didn’t see anyone being arrested! Maybe because applicants with criminal case don’t bother to come to the scheduled interview because they really know that they will be instantly arrested because of the crime they have done.

Multi Purpose Nbi Clearance

The interview lasted for about 5 to 10 minutes. The NBI Clearance Quality Control Interviewer asked simple questions, most of the time answerable by a Yes or a No. I guess she really knows that I’m not the one they been looking for (I mean my namesake).

Some questions asked are:Are you Mr. Juan Dela Cruz?

• Are you living in (your present address)?
    • How long have you been living in your (present address)?
    • Have you been to Palawan? It was the place where my namesake committed the crime.
    • Do you have a criminal case (such as) Rape, Theft, Serious Physical Injury, Attempted Murder, Plunder, Arson or Treason?

Once you easily denied all their allegations,[lol] you are directed to the NBI Clearance Resident Lawyer to take an oath.

The interviewer will give you a piece of paper, an Affidavit of Denial. You just need to fill out the form. You will be then ask to leave the room and fill out the Affidavit of Denial in the waiting area.

In working with the Affidavit of Denial, there are things you need to remember:

• It is for FREE! So avoid the oh-so-Filipino-scheme fixers waiting for unsuspecting victims outside offering their services for a fee.
  • Fill out the necessary fields: the date of your NBI application and your reference number found in the receipt your NBI Clearance Online Payment. The NBI Clearance QC Interviewer will check all the required details you need to fill out.

Once done, wait for the NBI Clearance Personnel to get your Affidavit of Denial. You will then be in queue for taking an oath. Just be patient in waiting.

When it’s your turn, you will be then ask to stand in front of the NBI Clearance Resident Lawyer.

He will ask you to raise your right hand and be ready to recite “Panatang Makabayan” lol! He will (again) ask few question which is answerable by Yes or No. Sometimes, he would ask you to say your Complete Name and Address or any Personal Details he might think of. In a few seconds, you’ll notice that it’s already finished.

The oath taking is finished! Hoooray! You’re not done yet.

Wait for your Affidavit of Denial to be notarized. This is also for free and no need to shell out some dough.

After receiving your Affidavit of Denial back, hand it over to the person who interviewed you. He or She will write the time of release of your NBI Clearance. You can now leave the room and proceed to the Printing and Releasing Section of NBI Clearance.

When the scheduled time arrives, you can easily get your NBI Clearance. Head down to the Exit door and leave the entire building of NBI Main Office and GO HOME!

When I was walking down the exit path of NBI Main Office, I decided to share my own experience so that many people can find help on the internet with their questions. Do you have one? I’d LOVE to hear your thoughts on this. I’m sure there are a stories you’ve heard that’s worth sharing? Your experience or a friend’s experience doing the Quality Control Interview when applying for an NBI Clearance Online? I am happy to hear ALL of them! Just leave a message in the comments section.

NBI Clearance HITNBI Clearance Quality Control

517 thoughts on “NBI Clearance Quality Control Interview

• Ryan says:

I have a problem, my scheduled interview was way back in March 19, i’m not able to come because I left for the province to fix something in the family 2days before the date. Am i goin to repeat the same process? (sigh)

• Mr. R says:

diba ang nag hit lang eh yung may files na case sa NBI or warrant of arrest?

• Shawee says:

Nope. Posible n may kapangalan k.

• shoturday says:

paano poh kung may naka binbin kang kaso tapoz hanggang naun wlah pah din linaw mhuhuli pah poh vah aq pag kmuha aq ng nbi clearance??

• daphne18 says:

Hi, i have a credit card debt. Will it be reflected in my nbi clearance? Thanks in advance!

• Pedro says:

Nung 17 po ako nadala ako sa police station dahil napagbintangan ako na nambastos ng babae tapos naareglo din naman kase parang sabi saken ibigay ko nalang lahat ng pera ko tapos ginawa ko. Kinaha sa police yung ID ko. Makakakuha po ba ako ng NBI clearance? Or may lilitaw ba na record if ever? Ask ko din kung makakakuha ako ng police clearance? Salamat!

• mrmeiji says:

hindi ito mag appear as hit sa NBI. No legal case naman na-i-file so do not worry. Sake menor de edad ka then dinala ka sa pulis? dapat idemanda mo iyun nagdala sa iyo sa pulis kasi minor ka palang nun… para sila naman magka hit sa nbi clearance nila…

• Shawee says:

I agree with u mr. Meiji.

• Pedro says:

so pwede ka magka-hit kahit minor ka palang? How about po yung police record ko? Posible ba na wala nacarecord dun?

• pedro dela cruz says:

Curious lang po? HIT tapos me Quality Control review? eh dba kahit me kapangalan ka pa eh mg kakaiba naman tau ng finger print? so para saan p ung ng finger print scan cla? eh dun pa lang kita na dapat…

• Shawee says:

Wala! Sinisave lang nila ung fingerprints natin sa database. Chinicheck lang nila yung finger prints kung kinakailangan. Sayang lang oras sa paag scan nila ng finger prints… wala din.

• ernest joseph cruz says:

now i can relax and wait patiently for the day of my interview ^_^

• MrMeiji says:

iyun pila to get the number in the quality control section start early around 530am… two to four persons ang nag i-interview, and the interview is around 5 min only. After the interview, pila uli sa releasing section which will take around 10min. Iyun initial na pila lang talaga ang matagal to get the number.

• Michael viloria says:

I just wanna share lang.
    Masyado mbagal ang
    ang quality control,
    Ngpunta ako ng around 8am
    Guess what,
    Ngbgay ng #1 to 200
    My number is 157.
    Nghintay aq almost 3 hours
    ang sabi ng isa sa mga office worker
    Bumalik na lang daw ung may nmber
    150 to 200. Sobra nkakainis npakbagal.

• Dheza Chao says:

Pwedi pu ba ipaayos kung mali ang spelling ng middle name ko??

• JHEYZ says:

PANU PO BA MALALAMAN KUNG MY CASE KA?

• MrMeiji says:

malalaman mo pag nandun ka na sa NBI… usually if meron kang pending case sa court or arrest warrant, makikita sa database ng NBI. If hindi naman umabot sa court mo ang case and no warrant is issued, then wala pa iyan. If meron kang case with a standing warrant, of course it is crazy to go to NBI to get a clearance…. usually mga nagpupunta roon ay iyun dismissed na ang case or iyun same name…

• khrisna esperanzate says:

hi.. good afternoon. may i ask some question po. ask ko lang po if ever po ba na on going yung kaso hindi po ba pwede makakuha ng nbi clerance kung sakali kahit hindi pa napapatunayan sa korte na may nagawang kasalanan. im just bothering lang po kasi na di makakakuha yung kapatid ko ng nbi para makapag trabaho ng dahil lang sa kaso na hindi naman totoo paano po yun. ano pong pwedeng gawing option para dun. thanks and God blessed po sana may sagot po kayo sa katanungan ko. so much thank you

• marilyn rabanal says:

good day po,,nag apply po ako ng nbi clearance for abroad bec its a requirement po,,ang problema ko po may hit po ako and at the same time nagkaroon po ako ng kaso n estafa po with 6counts po pero dismissed n po sya noon 2013 and 2014,,nakapagclear n dn po ako s rtc.ask k lng po kung ung lalabas n clearnce po ay ilalagay p b nila ung kaso noon n dismissed n po,,please po help me,,because gusto k mag abroad para makabyad po ako…pz jhelp me po..waitng for your repy po.thnx

• Alvin says:

Hello good afternoon, ask ko lang po pag may pending case ka ng BP22 at may warrant of arrest ka na, year 2012 pa po yung mga case, may NBI record ka na po ba nun? please reply po asap. Salamat ng madami. sana po magreply po kayo

• worried says:

ask ko lang po ano pong case ang d pagbayad ng credit card.10 yrs na po.i got hit in nbi June 18,2015.sa July 3 po daw balikan.now ko lng naisip baka dahil sa unpaid credit card.i did not receive any demand letter or subpoena.is there a possibility na un ang cause ng hit sa nbi ko?anong case po un at pano malaman kung san naka-file un case?civil case ba un or criminal case.pwd ba direct na puntahan kung sino nag file at i-settle un?ano mangyari kung ganun na katagal d nagbayad ng credit card?

• NORHAINIE USMAN says:

HOW CAN I GET A RUSH NBI CLEARANCE IN ONE DAY?

• NORHAINIE USMAN says:

PLEASE ME AND MY HUSBAND NEED IT URGENT FOR STAMPING VISA

• mr. secret says:

ask ko lng po ngkkso po kasi aq dati pinadalhan po aq ng subpuena last 5 years ago pero binalewala ko,posible bang nadesisyonan na ung kaso? at makakakuha pa ba ako ng Nbi clearance?

• Shawee says:

HIndi ko po alam pero ang maipapayo ko muna sa inyo ay wag kumuha muna ng NBI Clearance. Alamin nyo muna ung nangyari dun sa kaso nyo, baka kasi nasa wanted list kayo. Kapag nangyari yun, may karapatan po ang NBI na arestuhin ka mismo habang nagaapply ka ng NBI Clearance.

Kung hindi man kayo aarestuhin ng NBI dun, possible naman na pag kuha nyo ng NBI Clearance nyo ay magaappear mismo dun ang kaso nyo as a Derogatory Record. Hindi po magandang tingnan ang NBI Clearance na may mantsa ng criminal record.

• Len Cortez says:

pano mo malalaman kung nasa wanted list ka?

• Shawee says:

Ask mo sarili mo kung may masama kang gnwa. Nag reklamo b sa pulis ang nireklamo mo? Nag sampa ba ng kaso? Yan ung mga tanong na possibleng sumagot kung nasa wanted list ka. Haha

• Jaque says:

Hi 🙂
        Ask ko lang po kasi nag hit ako sa pag kuha ng nbi clearance ko, possible po ba na dahil un sa nai-file na case against me? Pero ang sabi kasi sakin nka file lang daw ung case, wala naman akong narerecieve na subpoena o warrant of arrest, o kahit anu pa man! Anu po kaya sa tingin nyo? Sana po masagot nyo tong problema ko .. Salamat

• Orly D. Oliveros says:

How can i have a copy of the criminal record of Mr. Felix Igot which was primary involve in a murder case somewhere in the province of Negros on the year of 1980-1985? Could anyone help me? This person attacked me and my wife recently and have injured us both. Any info and help i could have would be a lot of help for the case we were pursuing. Salamat po.

• Joy says:

Nag apply ako last May 20 ng nbi clearance at pinakuha ko s bayaw ko ang nbi clearance last june 3 kasi bumalik na ko dito s italy, ngaun hnd raw narelease kc may record daw ako homecide pa… Imagine 15 yrs nako dto s italy nagkaroon ako ng case na homecide..

• enzo says:

how about credit card issues? i have pending payments and cancelled cards…makakatanggap pa rin ba ako ng clearance? thanks sa mga responses

• nelson says:

ng shop lift po ako, ung amount ng shop lift item is 500 pesos. kinuha nila ung item sa ken at hndi pinabayaran pero kinulong po nila ako ng 8 hours. makakakuha padin po ba ako ng nbi clearance pls reply naman po kayo

• Shawee says:

Hi nelson, lalabas lang sa nbi clearance mo yung kaso mo kung nagkaron ng pormal na kaso laban sa iyo. Kung nagkaron ka ng kaso at nakulong, nagkaron ba ng paglilitis? Kung nagkaron ng paglilitis, nagkaron b ng desisyon ang korte? Kung ng sagot mo sa 2 tanong ko ay hndi, maaring walang lumabas na kaso sa nbi clearance mo.

Kung sumagot k ng oo sa unang tanong at hndi sa pangalawa, may possibilidad na may kasong lumabas yun sa records mo. Pero hndi ako cgurado.

Kung sumagot ka ng oo sa 2 kong tanong.. sigurado akong merong lalabas na derogatory record” sa nbi clearancr mo.”

• mark says:

gud eve ask lang po if magkakaroon poba ako ng kaso if hindi ko nabayaran yong unpaid balance ko sa internet like smart pldt globe etc… kasi po me nag padala ng notice of attorney then pumunta ako sa office ng smart para e clarify kasi then nag ask ako if puede bang hulog hulogan ko nalang sabi ng smart oki po daw yun . ano po mangyayari magkakaroon po ba ako ng kaso ?/ kasi nag hit ung name ko sa NBI then june 3 2015 kopa malalaman kung anung mangyayari ! need some advice po plz plz plz

• Anonymous says:

Gud day sir,asked qlang po kung may warrant of arrest ka tapos po nagtago ka for how many months..then you decided magvoluntary surrender ka at nakapag bail ka.pwedi npo bang makakuha ng police at nbi clearance?by the way po bp22 po ang case at on going po ang cases.waiting for ur response.tnk u and God bless

• Anonymous says:

• tim says:

Thanks for the tips! Yur blog is a great BIG help! 🙂

• junrey lamoste curias says:

na hit po ako one time dahil napasali po ako sa cased na slight physical injury kahit umawat lang po ako,kaso ako po yung nakilala ng biktima kasi friend kami,pero dismissed na ang case kasi na settled na,laking gulat ko ng kumuha ako ng nbi clearance eh na hit po ako,kaya pinabalik po ako sa surigao city,tapos kinuha ko po yung dismissal of the case(if i’m not mistaken).tapos binalik ko sa butuan nbi office,binigyan na po nila ako ng nbi clearance,thank god,ngayon kukuha po ako ulit ng nbi clearance,ang tanung mahit” po ba ako ulit kahit nakakuha na ako noon ng nbi clearance?”

• Shawee says:

Pareng junrey, may possibilidad na mahit ka ulit. Ang dahilan ay yung dati mong kaso. Isang paraan para malinis ang pangalan mo ay ipasa ang mga kaukulang dokumento na wala kang sala sa kaso at ikaw ay inosente. Dapat mong ipaupdate ang record mo sa nbi. Hindi ko dn alam ang proseso kung paano pero magtanong ka nalang.

• Nicole Rosales says:

Hi,

This just happened today po. Yung asawa ko kumuha ng NBI cert for employment purposes.. He was surprised na nag appear na meron syang criminal case qualified theft” and someone filed it in 2006. At ang sabi po dun sa NBI office may warrant daw po sya and they could even arrest him . Ngayon lang po nangyari to.Ilang beses na po sya paulit ulit na kumuha ng nbi cert all these years and eversince “no criminal case po ang nakalagay. Wala pong posible na pangyayare na makakasuhan sya ng qualified theft. May ibinigay po na case number yung officer pero di nila masabe kung sino ang nag file. Nasa visayas region po kami ngayon and yung case daw po na file sa cavite? Posible po bang may ganitong pangyayare? ano po yung dapat gawin? Sino po ang magrerequest ng Quality control interview? We need to clear this out po. Thanks”

• rickier says:

hi po,tanong kolang po may posobilidad poba na mahit ako., kase po may nagawang mali po ako nagamit ko kase yung pera sa tindahan, inamin ko naman po sa employer ko ang pagkakamali ko almost 2 years na po sabi niya ipafile niya daw sa pulis station at sa nbi?.,kinakabahan po kase ako pag kumuha ako ng nbi clearance?.thanks

• Shawee says:

Rickier, gaya nga ng sabi ko sa itaas n comments. Kung wala pormal na kaso na naifile sayo, wala dn lalabas na kaso sa nbi clearance mo. Kung wala k nmng natanggap galing sa pulis, wag k magalala.

• Lala says:

Ask ko lng Halimbawa na hit ka Dba may picture nmn cila don so bkt di nila ung tingnn at mga fingerprint pls reply

• Shiela says:

pwede ba magkaroon ng physical injury case sa nbi ng di mo alam?

• Mark says:

Thanks a lot. I’m scheduled for an interview tomorrow. Sigh, I waited 2 weeks for my NBI clearance and when I went today to claim it, I was notified that I’m slated for an interview. How long will it take for me receive my clearance afterwards.

• Janice Ingrid M. Fernandez says:

It’s my first time to get a hit. So much for having a unique name…I can’t think of any crime of commission of omission that I committed.

• cristy serna daymil says:

good am po..sir/mam
    nag online regsterd po ako ng nbi clearance..kaya lang po d ko namn natatanggap sa email ko..hindi ko po malalaman ung code ko schedule ko sa may 22..code lang po need ko.para mabayaran ko sa bayad center.

• jirad nelvin razon says:

Hello po… May itatanong lang po sana.. I was received a subpoena last jan.12,2015… Pero wala po akong naisubmitt na counter affidavit.. Pero totoo po yong na file ng complainant.. Magkakaroon na po ba ako ng record sa nbi? O kahit sa anong government agency?

• gretchendiazen says:

Will ako,,wla pang NBI,,gusto ko plang maglabas ng nbi

• Melanie cortez says:

Thanks for sharing your experiences…it really helps me alot to feel better and to avoid to much stress of thinking i might not be able to issued NBI Clearance…my husband said he once had a namesake and it took him 6months before he had his NBI Clearance.he said it depends on how big the criminal case of his namesake is the longer of its clearance release.i was hit and the date written on my reciept is on May 20. It is about 8days before i will return.does that mean my case was not that big?will i be able to get my clearance after that?or will still have many stages to gone through?

• redred fuentes says:

sir
    my DOH Drugs testing result is positive but id never used illegal drugs before since berth. plss could you help me to clean my recond ? plss advice me what to do

• jenny says:

Good day…what if may hit ung name ko, then schedule for interview, tapos hindi po ako pumunta sa interview? ano po mangyari sa application ko? waiting for your relply….

• anabel flores wang says:

Sir,
    My case has just dismissed.what steps should i follow to get my clearance?

• ic says:

hi i applied my nbi clearance last december and wasnt able to claim the certificate.. is it possible po b n mkukuha ko p ung certificate ko without reaapplying for it? thank you.

• anonymous says:

Tang inang nbi yan. Nangiipit ng taong walang kasalanan.

• richly b. callao says:

il be very grateful if u email me the answer in the email add i provide.thank you

• richly b. callao says:

papano kung ako talaga ang nasa list.may pending case po ako sa q.c. criminal case po company versus many of us. but no warrant because it is still pending about almost 2 years ago. can i not get my nbi clearance?

• cyrilako says:

may posibilidad ba na magkaroon ako ng HIT? 1 year ago na po,nang mangyari ang nagawa kung mali noon,i was a cashier and i was caught na ng punch ako ng maraming item and kunti lang nabayaran ng friend ko..then after that ng kausap nmn kami ng employer ko,kina-usap ako binigyan ng chance hindi nmn umabot sa puntong ipa pulis ako..kaso naidawit ko ang co-employee ko.at binantaan ako linisin ko daw panglan nya..pwede rin ba siyang mg reklamo sa police??
    please lang po need ko po advice nyo,
    kukuha kasi ako ng nbi clearance next week..at kinakabahan ako na baka my HIT ako..

• klarissa says:

bakit po ganon kung kelan pang third time ko na po magrenew ng NBI q nakaHIT” pa q”

• chazty says:

i have a friend na hindi makapangapply ng work dahil natatakot siya na ma hit dahil may kaso and father nya many years before. tanong ko lang kikilittasin pa ba ng NBI ang parents ng applicant? baka kasi daw ang application nya ang maging way ng pagkadakip ng father nya.. help naman po oh!!! kawawa po kasi friend ko…

• chazty says:

i have a friend na hindi makapangapply ng work dahil natatakot siya na ma hit dahil may kaso and father nya many years before. tanong ko lang kikilittasin pa ba ng NBI ang parents ng applicant? baka kasi daw ang application nya ang maging daan ng pagkakulong ng father nya.. help naman po oh!!! kawawa po kasi friend ko…

• Kim Rabaya says:

First time kong kumuha ng nbi clearance sa main office nila sa UN after that i got hit”. They tell me to come back on may 2 2014. Do i still to get interviewed on QC or direcho na ako para kunin yung nbi clearance ko?”

• Kim Rabaya says:

First time kong kumuha ng NBI clearance, i got hit and then