It was really annoying because (1) the NBI Clearance Personnel asked me to go to NBI Clearance Main Office where Quality Control Interview is held. I applied for my NBI Clearance in Las Pinas which I have to travel two hours from home and (2) it delays the releasing of my NBI Clearance.
I’ve been asking myself what the heck is this Quality Control Interview? I have encountered five years of having a HIT status, what’s in it this time?
What is NBI Clearance Quality Control Interview?
In my own understanding, NBI Clearance Quality Control Interview is a process by which an NBI Personnel reviews or verify the true identity of the NBI Clearance applicant.
This results from receiving a HIT Status in Database verification process. The derogatory record can be his or her own criminal case or under his namesake. In short, your name has been tagged as critical and NBI wants to make sure that they’ll be giving out NBI Clearances to “clean” persons.
Why is this Happening?
The disappointment of not having my NBI Online really bugs me while sitting on the cab going to the NBI Main Office. Why did NBI Clearance Main office doing this Quality Control Interview? Then I realize few things that might be a good reason why applicants is suffering this.
- You have a pending or ongoing case.
- You are under for arrest and needs to be identified in relation to a crime by the Police Authorities
- Your Namesake has a pending or ongoing case or
- Your namesake are under for arrest and needs to be identified in relation to a crime by the Police Authorities
What to do if asked to attend Quality Control Interview?
It’s really a no brainer this time, if you are asked by the NBI Clearance Personnel to attend the Quality Control Interview then you have to.
Read: NBI Online Registration
If you have a clean conscience and have a clean record and as innocent as a child, then you should go. You don’t have to be afraid, it’s not that you did anything illegal that violates our laws, are you?
- Bring at least two (2) valid supporting documentation that proves your identity. I suggest you should bring Valid IDs accepted and recognized by NBI. In my case, I brought my Philippine Passport since I just got mine recently.
- Be on time. The NBI Personnel asked me to go there the next day at 9AM. I arrived in the place with a lot of people waiting for their turn. The person I was talking to said that the Quality Control Interviewers starts interviewing at around 8AM.
- Wear the proper dress code. I can still see few ignorant applicants that was denied to enter the vicinity of NBI Clearance Office because they are wearing slippers and short. You are going inside a Government Building; therefore, everyone is required to wear proper and decent attire. When I say proper and decent, you don’t have to wear your Barong or your Necktie and Suit.
- In case you have a criminal case, and the decision has been made. Bring the original and a photocopy of it. This will really help you to clear your record.
- Don’t forget to bring your NBI Clearance Online Receipt.
The Quality Control Interview
While waiting for my turn, I realized that the Quality control interview is not that scary at all. I’ve seen many smiling people going out of the enclosed office where the interview is being held. I didn’t see anyone being arrested! Maybe because applicants with criminal case don’t bother to come to the scheduled interview because they really know that they will be instantly arrested because of the crime they have done.
The interview lasted for about 5 to 10 minutes. The NBI Clearance Quality Control Interviewer asked simple questions, most of the time answerable by a Yes or a No. I guess she really knows that I’m not the one they been looking for (I mean my namesake).
Some questions asked are:Are you Mr. Juan Dela Cruz?
- Are you living in (your present address)?
- How long have you been living in your (present address)?
- Have you been to Palawan? It was the place where my namesake committed the crime.
- Do you have a criminal case (such as) Rape, Theft, Serious Physical Injury, Attempted Murder, Plunder, Arson or Treason?
Once you easily denied all their allegations,[lol] you are directed to the NBI Clearance Resident Lawyer to take an oath.
The interviewer will give you a piece of paper, an Affidavit of Denial. You just need to fill out the form. You will be then ask to leave the room and fill out the Affidavit of Denial in the waiting area.
In working with the Affidavit of Denial, there are things you need to remember:
- It is for FREE! So avoid the oh-so-Filipino-scheme fixers waiting for unsuspecting victims outside offering their services for a fee.
- Fill out the necessary fields: the date of your NBI application and your reference number found in the receipt your NBI Clearance Online Payment. The NBI Clearance QC Interviewer will check all the required details you need to fill out.
Once done, wait for the NBI Clearance Personnel to get your Affidavit of Denial. You will then be in queue for taking an oath. Just be patient in waiting.
When it’s your turn, you will be then ask to stand in front of the NBI Clearance Resident Lawyer.
He will ask you to raise your right hand and be ready to recite “Panatang Makabayan” lol! He will (again) ask few question which is answerable by Yes or No. Sometimes, he would ask you to say your Complete Name and Address or any Personal Details he might think of. In a few seconds, you’ll notice that it’s already finished.
The oath taking is finished! Hoooray! You’re not done yet.
Wait for your Affidavit of Denial to be notarized. This is also for free and no need to shell out some dough.
After receiving your Affidavit of Denial back, hand it over to the person who interviewed you. He or She will write the time of release of your NBI Clearance. You can now leave the room and proceed to the Printing and Releasing Section of NBI Clearance.
When the scheduled time arrives, you can easily get your NBI Clearance. Head down to the Exit door and leave the entire building of NBI Main Office and GO HOME!
When I was walking down the exit path of NBI Main Office, I decided to share my own experience so that many people can find help on the internet with their questions. Do you have one? I’d LOVE to hear your thoughts on this. I’m sure there are a stories you’ve heard that’s worth sharing? Your experience or a friend’s experience doing the Quality Control Interview when applying for an NBI Clearance Online? I am happy to hear ALL of them! Just leave a message in the comments section.