NBI Clearance is one of the mandatory identification requirements here in the Philippines. As what its name implies, NBI clearance is a proof that an individual is cleared from any criminal offense or derogatory records.
If you are planning to renew your NBI Clearance and don’t have any idea how to do it, here’s a drop of knowledge that you need to know before you ask for a Renewal of your expired NBI Clearance.
The NBI Clearance Renewal Requirements
It is important to bring the complete Valid IDs requirement. Please be informed that the NBI Clearance Personnel are very strict on Valid ID Requirements. You should have at least TWO (2) Valid IDs to be presented before they entertain you and give you the blank application form.
Here are the list of Valid IDs accepted when applying for NBI Clearance Online.
- Valid Philippine Passport
- Voter’s ID
- Driver’s License
- PRC License
- SSS ID
- GSIS UMID
- School ID
- TIN ID
- Philhealth ID
- Alien Cert of Registration
- Senior Citizen
- Previous Copy of NBI Clearance
- Postal ID
Your expired NBI Clearance is honored by the NBI Clearance Personnel as one of your Valid ID requirement. What you need to do now is present another Valid ID.
The NBI Clearance Fees
NBI Clearance Online has a price tag on it. The NBI Clearance Fees depends on the purpose of application you are applying. Select the appropriate purpose or use of your NBI Clearance and take note of the amount that you should pay.
The list of NBI Clearance Fees & Purpose of Application is below
|NBI Clearance Purpose of Application||NBI Clearance Fees|
|Local Employment, Change of Gender, For Probation, Correction of Birthdate, Enlistment AFP, For Promotion, Enlistment PNP, ID Purposes, Custom’s Pass ID, Student Visa, Lateral Entry, Seaman, Seawoman’s Book, BID, CA, LTO, NSO, PNP, SSS, DND, DOT , Marriage and Other Requirement||P 115.00|
|Travel Abroad, Africa, Asia, Australia, Canada, Central America, Europe, Hongkong, Libya, Micronesia, Middle East, New Zealand, North America, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Qatar, Saipan, Singapore, South America, Taiwan, USA, Passport Renewal, For Deportation, Self Deportation, Immigration Requirement, Visa Australia, Canada, China, New Zealand, Visa Seaman, Seawoman, USA||P 115.00|
|Business Requirement , Change of Name, Permit to Carry Firearms, Firearms License , Adoption NFA, POEA, PRA, SEC , NTC, ACR Requirement, Special Investor’s Residence Visa||P 165.00|
|Naturalization, Cancellation of Alien Certificate Of Registration (ACR) , Repatriation||P 415.00|
The NBI Clearance Branches
After learning what’s the NBI Clearance Renewal Requirements, it’s purpose and how much you should pay for NBI Clearance, you need to know now Where are the NBI Clearance Branches. Every applicant has a freedom to choose where He/She will process his/her NBI Clearance. Below is the list of NBI Branches located in Metro Manila:
|Within Metro Manila|
|NBI Clearance Center – U.N Avenue, Ermita. Manila|
|Quezon City Hall – Makatarungan St, Diliman, QC|
|Montalban Rizal – Ground Flr., Municipal Hall|
|Muntinlupa City – Victory Shopping Center, Alabang|
|Mandaluyong City Hall – Maysilo Circle, Mandaluyong City|
|Las Pinas City – Las Pinas City Hall or SM Center Las Pinas (near and infront of Las Pinas City Hall)|
|Robinson’s Place – Basement 1 Ermita, Manila|
|Robinson’s Otis – Level 2 Guanzon St., Paco, Manila|
|Robinson’s Galleria – Basement 1 Ortigas Ave., QC|
|Robinson’s Metro East – Level4 Marcos Hi-way Pasig|
|Robinson’s Cainta – Level 2 Junction Cainta, Rizal|
|Robinson’s Novaliches,- Novaliches, QC|
|Ever Gotesco Recto – 3″‘ Flr Cinema 3 Recto Ave., Manila|
|Duty Free Fiesta Mall – Ninoy Aquino Ave., Paranaque City|
|Empire Mall – Edsa, Pasay City|
And Lastly, The NBI Clearance Process Steps
In processing your NBI Clearance, you have to undergo several steps before they release your NBI Clearance. Here are the steps that you need to do:
NBI Clearance Manual Application Process
1. Ask for a blank copy of the NBI Clearance Application form. Fill it up correctly.
2. Submit the NBI Clearance Application Form to Data Check Counter.
3.Proceed to the Payment Counter and pay the corresponding amount according to the purpose of your NBI Clearance Application. Don’t forget to get your receipt. This will be serve as your “claim stub”.
4. After payment, proceed to Data Entry where they encode the Personal Information you’ve written in your NBI Clearance Application form.
5. After the Data Entry stage, a photo / image capturing will be conducted.
6. An automated finger printing will also be conducted. A biometrics system is currently implemented in every NBI Branches. Biometrics system is where they scan your finger prints and save it in their database.
7. After the steps 5, 6 & 7 is done, the NBI Clearance personnel will check if you have a name sake. If you have a name sake or derogatory record, you will be asked to return on a specified date to claim your NBI Clearance. If you don’t have a name sake or don’t have derogatory record, you will be then asked to proceed to the Releasing Area.
8. The releasing area is where they print your NBI Clearance. Just present your NBI Clearance Receipt to the NBI Clearance Personnel and they will print your NBI Clearance.
You can also try the NBI Clearance Online Processing. For detailed guide, you can visit the tutorial on how to apply for NBI Clearance Renewal Online or the recently updated guide on how to apply for NBI Clearance Online.
Have something to add to this guide? Share it in the comments.