When you arrive at the NBI Clearance Outlets, you are required to present both your Valid and acceptable identification documents (Valid IDs).
There are several Valid IDs in the Philippines available that are accepted in various transaction in validating a person’s identity such as his or her complete name, address, age and most of the time his or her physical appearance.
Having an updated or recent photo in your Valid ID is very important. In that situation, you can easily prove your identity in any situation. For example, If you’re opening a bank account, the bank representative will ask you to provide one. Or even if you are trying to board an airplane, the airport crew will ask you to present a valid ID. It’s the same when getting an NBI Clearance.
After you arrive at any NBI Clearance Branch, you are required to present any Valid Identification to show that the reason for which your application is in good faith. Without presenting any valid id, no matter how important your NBI Application is, they will not grant it to you due to lack of requirements. The NBI Clearance personnel has the right to deny you the service you are requesting due to non compliance of Valid ID Requirement.
Please note that the list of valid IDs below are strictly as is and only the following valid identification documents are acceptable. If it’s not on this list, it’s not acceptable, and your NBI Clearance application will not be acknowledged.
The Valid ID you presented including any required signatures, must be original, not photocopied or reproduced and should not be expired so make sure to check it also. This is one of the common mistakes by most of the people but with this guide since you know the list of of accepted ID’s to use in NBI Clearance Online Application you just need for the easiest one to get.
Only the following identification documents are acceptable. If it’s not on this list, it’s not acceptable, and your application will not be acknowledged.
The requirement is any two (2) of the following valid Identification Cards:
- Valid Philippine Passport
- Voter’s ID
- Driver’s License
- PRC License
- SSS ID
- GSIS UMID
- Postal ID
- School ID
- TIN ID
- Philhealth ID
- Alien Certificate of Registration
- Senior Citizen
- Previous Copy of NBI Clearance
You are responsible for understanding and following these identification (valid ID) requirements and policies. You may be denied to enter an NBI Clearance Outlet if you cannot present an acceptable ID or if the validity of the ID is in question.
The NBI Personnel has sole discretion for determining the validity and acceptability of any ID presented for admission of your application, and for any determinations regarding non-compliance with valid ID policies.
Valid ID documents must:
- Be issued by a governmental organization or the school which you currently attend to.
- Be an original document — photocopied documents are not acceptable.
- Be valid and current — expired documents (bearing expiration dates that have passed) are not acceptable, no matter how recent the expiration may be.
- Bear the applicant’s full name.
- Bear a recent recognizable photograph that clearly matches the test-taker.
- Be in good condition, with clearly legible text and a clearly visible photograph.
When you apply for NBI Clearance Online and you lack of application requirements and you’re wondering where to get the following Valid IDs listed above, here, let me help you:
- Valid Philippine Passport – you can easily get one in Department of Foreign Affairs.
- Voter’s ID – this is usually obtained through the office of Commission of Election.
- Driver’s License – can be obtained through Land Transportation Office.
- PRC License – issued by Professional Regulatory Commission after you passed the required board examinations.
- SSS ID – issued by the Social Security System.
- GSIS UMID – issued by Government Service Insurance System for Government Employees.
- Postal ID – can be obtained through your local Post Office.
- School ID – issued by the School if the applicant is still studying.
- TIN ID – issued by Bureau of Internal Revenue
- Philhealth ID – issued by Philhealth.
- Alien Certificate of Registration – can be obtained in Bureau of Immigration for Foreign Applicants.
- Senior Citizen – go to your Municipal’s Office of the Senior Citizens Affair.
I’m sorry but i won’t go into detail on each valid ids but you can easily get those when you visit each agency or establishment I mentioned. There are lot of tutorials published online that will serve as your guide when you apply for each valid IDs.
There you have it! Make sure to bring valid IDs when you apply for an NBI Clearance (See How To Apply NBI Clearance Online – Updated with Photos). If we miss something regarding the topic, we’d love to hear your thoughts on this!