August 25, 2018 9:45 am

Last Updated on

It’s supposed to be easy and should be a one day job. It should be a get-in-get-off-and-get-out kind of thing, right? You were half smiling when you approached the Releasing window when suddenly, the woman from the other side of the counter deliberately stamp a date on the back of the receipt and hand it back to you.

You looked at it and it says “HIT” then a Date of Release is written which is on the next eight (8) working days.

What the hell just happened?

Well… My precious little young one, you’ve just been HIT or also known NBI Clearance HIT!

What’s the deal with this NBI Clearance HIT?

“HIT” is the term used by NBI Clearance Outlets if the applicant has a namesake and requires the NBI Clearance to be verified further before released to its owner. There are 104 Million (and counting) breathing individuals in the Philippines. With that size of population, there’s a very small chance that you have a namesake who already applied for their NBI Clearance.

You may want to read: NBI Online Registration

Once an NBI Clearance HIT status appears, NBI Personnel needs to perform further verification on the applicant’s identity. Applicants are instructed to return after eight (8) to ten (10) working days to claim their NBI Clearance Online Application.

What to do when you were HIT?

So what should I do after receiving a HIT? Nothing! As long as you don’t have a criminal record, you don’t have to worry about it. All you need to do is just need to wait at the comforts of your home and go on with your life. Wait for the date of release of your NBI Clearance, come back to the branch where you applied and claim it or ask someone (authorized representative) to pick your NBI Clearance for you. You just need to be patient.

You might be aware of several horror stories about having a namesake with criminal records, right? This is the time when the NBI Personnel do a further investigation about you.

The time has come (After Several Days of Waiting!)

When the assigned date of release of your NBI Clearance arrives, come early as possible. Claiming your NBI Clearance should be a quick business for you since they already did what they want to do.
The thing that can make you stay much longer and delays you to get your NBI Clearance Online is due to:

1. Long queue lines because of high volume of NBI Clearance applicants and the people who also want to claim their NBI Clearance scheduled on the same day as yours.
  2. NBI Clearance Quality Control Interview (to know more about this, refer to this separate article.)

We advise you to bring at least two (2) Government Issued Identification Cards and especially your NBI Clearance Receipt. The valid IDs will prove your identity whenever they require you to undergo an on the spot NBI Clearance Quality Control Interview.

What is NBI Clearance Quality Control Interview?

In my own understanding, the NBI Clearance Quality Control Interview is a process by which an NBI Clearance Personnel reviews or verify the true identity of the NBI Clearance applicant. This happens everytime an applicant with a namesake have a pending case or arrest warrant.

This results from receiving an NBI Clearance HIT Status in Database verification process. The derogatory record can be his or her own criminal case or under his namesake. In short, your name has been tagged as critical and NBI wants to make sure that they’ll be giving out NBI Clearances to “clean” persons.

Why is this Happening?

The disappointment of not having my NBI Clearance really bugs me while sitting on the cab going to the NBI Main Office. Why did NBI Clearance Main office doing this Quality Control Interview? Then I realize few things that might be a good reason why applicants is suffering this.

Maybe:

• You have a pending or ongoing case.
  • You are under for arrest and needs to be identified in relation to a crime by the Police Authorities
  • Your Namesake has a pending or ongoing case or
  • Your namesake are under for arrest and needs to be identified in relation to a crime by the Police Authorities

Another piece of advice, wear the appropriate attire when going to NBI Clearance Branch.

When you are applying for an NBI Clearance, wearing casual attire is usually appropriate. Please keep in mind that it is always important to be tidy and well-groomed during the application of your

Unfortunately, the clothes you wear everyday to the mall, or out with your friends, usually aren’t suitable inside the NBI Clearance outlets. There is certain (unwritten) policy.

Frankly, if there’s any, I haven’t seen the Official Policy Statement concerning the dress code inside the NBI Clearance centers. Any wise man can argue with me that since there is no written policy about this, you can deliberately wear anything. What we’re trying to follow here is the “general rule” when making any transactions with Government Establishments.

To show you what outfits that should be avoided when applying in NBI Clearance, here are examples of what not to wear on a job interview.

You know what, we’re getting alot of comments about the NBI Clearance HIT. It’s making every NBI Clearance applicant’s life harder. Anyway, if you’re interested on how to apply for Philippine Passport, you may choose to read the tutorial here.

But before we go, we would like to announce that we have written the updated guide on How To Apply NBI Clearance Online.

Best of luck with your NBI Clearance application! If you’ve got a great NBI Clearance HIT experience or valuable tips to add (or a question to ask), just leave a comment below.

NBI Clearance HIT

1,160 thoughts on “You’ve been HIT: Reasons why you can’t afford a One Day Processing NBI Clearance!

1 2 3 18
  • Callen says:

Haba haba ng pinila ko.. Sa u.n nbi..tapos hit lng…nkailang kuha na ako ng clearance s knila tapos ngyon p n hit

• Dave Christian M. Ting says:

Why po may hit ako? Hindi nga po lumalabas ng bahay namin 24/7. Tapos may kaso ako? Needed ko pa man din para sa Local Employment dahil pinupush ako ng family ko na magkaroon ng trabaho ulit. Pag hindi na clear name ko that means hindi ako tanggap sa trabaho. Ang higpit pa man din nung company na papasukan ko. Excited pa man din ako na babalik na ulit ako sa trabaho tapos ganyan mangyayari. Demoralized

• Cristina V. Fernando says:

What can I represent to DFA If I really need to process my Passport as soon as possible?.

• Christianne says:

May problem po ba if kumuha ako ng NBI clearance after about 4 months lang from my last request? Kasi I haven’t experience na mag-antay, first time po. And then 15 days pa bago ko makuha.IF not HIT, may problema po ba yun?

• bambam says:

Hello nbi! According po dito 8 working days lang ang hihintayin para sa mga hit applications. Bakit po dito sa amin 15 days talaga? I really need my nbi clearance kasi for my employment requirements and urgent po ang pagpasa. Wala naman akong criminal record and fresh graduate ako.

• Seth Leis says:

Yung isang IT Consultant namin is may Hit yung name and need pa daw ayusin sa Lanao kasi dun daw may file na case yung kapangalan niya. Wala bang way para maayos yun dito sa manila? please help us.

• magie says:

Hi.. juz wanna ask if kasama po ba sa case ung unpaid postpaid plan?

• Ruru says:

Hi i want to ask. Kapag nag apply ba ako ng new instead of renew, pwede ba un mag hit? Kasi nung kumuha ako noon wala naman and wala din ako criminal record. Please reply thank you.

• Liza Nympha Justo-Qazi says:

Is there any way that i can completely clear my name and remove that “hit” remark on my application?

• chammy says:

hai I wanna ask, is it possible to be “Hit” if one of the applicant’s parent has a criminal case??? i have a friend and she’s afraid to get an NBI clearance because his father has a criminal case when his still young. She’s afraid that upon putting out the name of his father on the fill-up form, his father’s case will be traced and she will be “hit” and undergo a Quality Control Interview regarding information about his father and his address.. Is that possible??

• Tagapagtanggol says:

Question!!Sino po ang may kakilala sa NBI?Kasi, ganito..Sa Step 3, Biometrics at Photo..No Hit naman.Pero, ang release nung sa kasama ko, sa January 14 pa.Ako nga nakuha ko na agad kanina.Feeling ko kasi pinag-tripan lang kami na ganun.Salamat!Robinsons Galleria Branch ito.Yung lalaking naka braces at contact lens tsaka yung nakaitim ang nagprocess. Felix ata pangalan, felix nakalagay sa papel ko.

• frank says:

gud day, ask ko lang po kung pde ko iclaim yung nbi clearance ko sa main office even sa nbi tagaytay branch po ako kumuha and pde ko pu ba yung iclaim even not in the date na nka lagay sa claim tag ko kac kailangan ko po yun in a hurry pra mka kuha po ako ng seamans book,, please response po for advise hoping na masagot asap thnks you..

• neal says:

pwede po ba makuha ung release ng nbi sa ibang branch example apply ako sa manila tapos for release nalang pwede ko po ba makuha dito sa nbi batanggas nalang kesa bumalik pa ako ng manila need po kasi sa work

• jho says:

hit po ako at pinababalik ako nung dec 26, 2013 pero di ako nkapunta, until now di ko pa din nakukuha, paano kaya un? mababalewala po ba yung binayad ko?

• jhe says:

gnyn dn skn pnapblik ako s satellte nla pro dhl new systm s mismong nbi n last jan.13 pro sobrang busy ako.pwd p kya un!?plss help po thanks

• ann says:

i applied last dec 22 and i got a hit! they told me to return on jan 10 pa! is there any other way pra mkuha ko sya earlier kasi i need it for my interview sa jan 5..thanks in advance sa mg rereply..last time kasi wala naman akong hit..so i was confident n mkukuha ko sya the same day..nbasa ko somewhere n pag for abroad daw ngaun eh ng auto hit ka…

• Jay says:

Maam” same situation poh,,, paki email naman poh ako kung anong feedback sa inyo.. kukuha kasi ako nbi for abroad and then pinababalik ako february 8, 2018.

• jay says:

eto poh email ko jayomb9@gmail.com

• ann says:

san ka nag apply? if sa satellite office you can go to the main branch sa un avenue..punta ka 4th floor sa ICT something na room..mag tanong sa mga nakaupo kng naka pila cla then pila ka din..bring your receipt and your tickets kong meron kana…if wala, tell them na sa satellite office ka nag apply…i went to the main branch 1 week after ko mag apply sa satellite office..they will give you a number then wait mo tawagin and follow instructions given…i got mine the same day…hope that helped..good luck

• Ayam says:

Hi Ann! I heard na mahaba pila sa main branch. How long did it take before your clearance was released? My husband also got a hit and was told to go back on feb 9 but interview is on feb 6. So might go to the main branch next week.

• ann says:

i went there fri at hindi naman ganun kahaba ang pila..i arrived at 1 pm nag start cla mag tawag at 2pm and i was out at 3.30pm..it was worth the wait kng urgent naman talaga…

• Ayam says:

Thanks for replying Ann! Will try to go on Monday.

• ann says:

you’re welcome and good luck..and by the way mention nu na satellite office kayo nag apply ..

• Michelle Reyes says:

Hi..if I may ask, I have been HIT last Nov 7, teller said I need to go to the NBI main because of tag Quality control..but since I am working, up to this date, I still didn’t have myself going to NBI main in u.n. Ave. My question is, is it possible yet for me to claim my copy since I have my receipt with me? Pls reply for further clarification, thanks?!

• Judit says:

Pag my ka hit kba..ilang days bgo makuha???

• Mary Ann Tiglao says:

Its very clearly written that you can claim your nbi clearance with hit in 8 to 10 days I applied today November 92017 and they stamp my receipt to claim it on November 28 so I its more than 10 working days its 19 working days. Why?

• Cha says:

I got also HIT!!! Wtf?! The last 3 NBI i’ve got was no hit! Im confident enough that i have no criminal record! And for the first time awhile ago i got HIT at the NBI Main Office! After the long wait and line that’s what i get?! Wtf NBI! And your office is so freakin hot! Magsara na kayo! Leche!

• renz says:

Kaka-18 ko lang nung 2 weeks ago, may hit na agad ako. Wow! Porket pangit ang mukha ko, pinagkakamalan nyo na akong kriminal?

• Kelvin says:

HIT! With all the unique documents and finger prints i have done. And still fucking HIT? Is my finger prints the same as other human beings? The hell NBI .. upgrade your system!! Your building is full of crap, its dirty and its freakig hot inside. What is the use of built in a/c?! Is it just part of the building designs.

• richard says:

kupal talaga tong nbi nato naturingan pa naman kayong mga imbestigador jan.tuwing kukuha nalang ako ng nbi clearance palaging may hit.eh wla naman akong naging kaso kahit isa,ang gagaling nyo jan pahirap kayo sa mga pilipino mga busettttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Bhong says:

Hi. Thank you for this article… i know it stated learly that if under a HIT status, all you have to do is to wait for the date given for the release of your certificate. I just still wanna know if there is a chance that an NBI Applicant with HIT status get early release on his certificate?? Like for example, it was needed for renewal of passport and you need the certificate on an earlier time? If so, please help me out. Lol. wil be waiting for any response thank you.

• BEN says:

I apply for NBI clearance every year as I travel frequently. But starting last year, I’ve been getting a “HIT”. I applied again a few days ago for this year and I got told I got “hit” (for the 2nd consecutive time). If they’ve cleared my name after being categorized a HIT last year, why do I undergo a similar long time this time as well? Will that mean that I’d have a longer processing time every time I’d apply?

• Shane says:

Why in the world is the Philippine Government still using this backwards 20th Century way of doing things? There are 104 Million people in the Philippines so of course there are going to be many people with the same name. Have they ever heard of assigning records by Social Security # so that every name is attached to a unique number so that they can figure out exactly who they are dealing with?? In the U.S. when you apply for a job your background check is done automatically by the employer (all electronically) and the employee doesn’t have to do anything at all. No line, no stamps, nothing. Everything is computerized and your unique background check is attached to your social security number so there are no mix-ups. You just put in your application and interview and any background checks are done by the employer and they just simply call/email you when it’s done processing and then you’re off to work if you pass. I can’t believe how hard it is to get a job in the Philippines. You even have to get a medical exam just for a call center job? Really? In the U.S. there are no physicals or medical exams unless you’re doing a high-risk job that puts other people at risk such as joining the Military, being an Airline Pilot, or a Truck Driver. The government shouldn’t be making it harder on the Philippine people to have work.

• Danileen says:

Napakalaking hassle. Yung counter nga walang paliwanag man lang na need ko pa pla bumalik kasi hit ako. Ano ba naman yan. Ang sungit pa nung iba pag tinanong. Nakakaasar!!

• Cyril says:

Anong oras nagpapapapasok sa umaga ang Alimall para sa mga kukuha at nag apply ng NBI Clearance? Thank you.

• Cian says:

Renewal ako. nung una wala naman akong hit pero ngayon meron na. bat kasi need pa nila I verify kung kelan mo na kukunin e samantlang halos 2 weeks din ata ung pag apply ko nung nbi ko through online tas ngayon mag aantay nnaman ako ng 2 weeks. june 21 pa daw ako babalik. ME HIT MAY KAPANGALAN ! BAKIT KASI NAME LANG ANG I TINITIGNAN NILA ANO BANG MERONG I.T. MERON SILA BAT DI NILA DAGDAGAN LAHAT NG INFORMATION NA PWEDE NILA PAG KUMPARA. Kung name naman tlga mag kaka hit ka tlga e kung i kukumpra nila lahat yan lalo na ung fingerprint napaka imposibleng may kapareho ka. sana dpat ung hit na yan ung sa fingerprints nila pra sure walang ka pareho. nakakainis. bulok na sistema. palitan niyo na mga programmer niyo!

• lynn says:

so disapointed for the first time ngka hit ako sa tagal tagal na every year ako kmukuha ng nbi this year lng ngka hit anu ba yan kala ko ba maayos na ngaun bakit prang lumala kala kba mas maayos kasi nka online na mas maigi pa pla dati…

• FUCK NBI CLEARANCE SYSTEM says:

with HIT din result namin ng GF ko May 31, 2017. pinapabalik kami ng June 13. nag inquire ako about sa with HIT status. May nakasabay kami na with HIT din, kaso yung sa kanya verification na lang ng HIT status nya. ang result need nya pumunta sa Manila Police para dun nya iverify o iclear yung HIT status nya. ang masama nito, 2 yrs ago nag apply na sya ng clearance, same result with HIT pa din tapos naiclear nya na sa Manila Police. so uulitin nya yung ginawa nya 2 yrs ago para sa renewal nya

• JESS MACAWILI FRANCISCO says:

Im in the province of occidental mindoro,how can i get nbi clearance eventhough im in the province,my last nbi clearance was on 2006

• NBI SHIT says:

tinatamad lang yang mga yan kaya pinababalik ka ng ilang araw sakin nga napaka unique ng name ko pinag halong babae at lalake name ko tapos ung name ko galing pa sa lola at lolo ko na pinag halo kalaokohan may kapangalan ako even the spelling is kakaiba tangina nbi yan mga gago pa online online register pa kayong nalalaman sana after namin mag register don at mag bayad pinoprocess niyo na at hindi ung sa mismong araw na pupunta kami sa branch niyo tsaka niyos asabhin na HIT ung name namin sana sa registration pa lng sinabi na para hindi kami napapagod pabalik balik sayang na pamasahe sayang pa pagod, mag kano lang mag pagawa ng system sa mga IT para ma detect kagad nila ung may na HIT ung name mo hindi niyo pa maasikaso sayng yung buwis ng mga tao ng nag papasahod sainyo!

• Garnet says:

Namesake problem lang po? What about my 10 finger prints? Kaparehas lahat? EYE SCANNER NA LANG PO, TINGNAN NATIN KUNG MAY KAPAREHAS PA Sir, Mam. Good day!!

• Sarah says:

NBI please do something with the with hit issue… I think nagkakaroon ng hit when you get your clearance from different branches. Why don’t you centralize your record para makita agad sa record na yung hit mo or kapangalan mo eh ikaw din naman yun. Bakit di nila makita what’s the use of getting finger prints and pictures.?

• Uno says:

I’ve been HIT! What the heck! Grabe yung NBI na yan, sabi nga may HIT daw ako, oo na may, kahit sobrang layo ng binyahe ko at ang laki ng gastos ko, ayun bumalik uli ako after 8 days dahil yun ang itinalagang araw para manguha ako pero ang nakakainis sa lahat naubusan daw sila ng paper na pang local, yung orange ba yun o pink daw, kaya di sila makapag release ng clearance!! MAWALANG galang na mga sir at madam, minsan ba inisip nyong mag abiso man lang using your online chu chu blah blah na website or fb page para man lang sa kapakanan ng inyong mga sineserbisyuhan, hindi ying mukhang kami pa ang nagseserbisyo sa inyo dahil sa paulit ulit na pag gastos at paghihirap bago makuha clearance namin.

• fUCKYOUnbi says:

BOBO NG SISTEMA NYO, ANDAMING NADEDELAY, ANG ARTE ARTE NYO, FIRST NAME LANG NAMAN TSAKA LAST PUMAREHO, DAPAT LINISIN DIN KAYO NG DUTERTE ADMINISTRATION DAHIL JAN SA LINTEK NA HIT NAYAN. PANO KUNG TANGGAP NA SA TRABAHO? YUN NALANG KULANG? LAHAT GINAGAWA NYONG KRIMINAL. HOPE MABAGO TO

• Richard Santos says:

Lagi na lang bang ganito. Ang promise nila mapapadali na ang systema o proceso ng pagkuha ng NBI Clearance anong nangyari. HIT naman ako! Talaga bang me problema ang systema ninyo? O Tinatamad lang ba ang mga taong ito? Akala ko ba convenience at mabilis na? Lagi nalang pag kumukuha ako meron akong HIT for 5th time! Ano naman ang nagawa ko? OFW ako for Christ sake! Naubos lang ang oras ko kakapila ng 2 oras tapos ganito pa! NBI sana naman ispin ninyo ang oras ng mga kababayan nyo. Pareparehas tayong nagbabayad ng tax. Ayusin nyo yang system nyo naturingan panaman INTELLIGENCE!

• KEESHIAMAINE SUMI-OG says:

Fuck that hit method. =_=

• Porferio salubre jr says:

Its says 8 to 10 working days only,, but i was told to return 3 weeks after???

• Zee says:

I dont know why it was like that. Walang sinabi sakin kung HIT ako or what basta sinabi na bumalik ng June 1. Kahapon ako nagbayad then I will wait for 2 weeks? Nakakaasar. Di ko alam kung talagang tinamad lang yung nagprocess sakin e kasi hapon na ako nakapunta at nagprocess.

• rica says:

same with mine. i came like 4pm siguro then yung babae tinatakan na ng release ng june 9 yung nbi ko…i dont know lang pero i got mine few years ago i lost the form kase nagbaha sa amin then naglipat so i applied for a renewal kaya siguro parang doble na nakita nilang application plus yung unang online registration nagkamali ng birth year ko kaya inulit nya..kaloka…haha..anyway, first time kase sa akin na ganyan…and it seems di effective yung online nila kase lalong dumami nagka hit…

• sss says:

they are getting worst everyday it’s 2 weeks i think the there system and management needs to change there far worse than than the previous years what is next a year before we can get our clearance.

• Jerrico Andan says:

Whats the use of fingerprints if they will delay you just because you have the same name with someone else?

• Sherylanne says:

Ano po ba gagawin kung nagregistered po ako kso di ko po napuntahan yung appointment na naset ko 🙁 mag re apply po ba? or pppunta ko mismo sa NBI braches na meron malapit dto, Sana po may magresponse! NEWBIE here!

• JOSEPH ANUNCIADO EYAS says:

I was hit when Im applying for NBI renewal then ive gotbthe form that what needs to secure like affidacit of denial where I secure here from Auckland ,New Zealand Philippine consulate does this one is not enought to prove ?

• Luzviminda says:

Gud day po.nakulong po aq ng 4days 2013 po.nainquest po aq.may rekord na po ba aq sa nbi.. kc mgaabroad po aq isa yan sa mga kelangan q po.napagbintangan po kc aq nadamay lang po aq kaya lng nainquest aq at nakulong po aq ng 4days.may rekord po ba aq nun sa nbi.tnx po

• Rose says:

Does the NBI personnel has the right to get a hold to any NBI clearance from releasing?

• Michael says:

Hi po . Tamung ko Lang po. Kase po visa stamping na po ako kailangan ko po ng NBI clearance kaso po nag ka hit po ako. Pwede po bang ma paaga ang pag kuha ng clearance ng 1week Lang? Kase po I applied po kanina January 25, 2017 . Salamat po hopping po sa reply.

• analyn says:

hi po tanung ko lang po. yung friend ko po kasi na hit nbi niya. tapos pinapabalik sya after2 weeks . hindi po sya nakabalik agad. almost 2 months na po. makukuha pa po kaya niya yung nbi niya? thanks po.

• Analyn Ausa says:

For travel abroad po na nbi clearance.. ok po ba yun gamitin dto sa Philippines? Di pa naman po expire eh

• barbara says:

I just ask lng po paano po kung na convicted na po sya then after 3 or more years po na dumaan he wants or he need nbi clearance for applying work? or for passport needed? makakakuha pa po ba sya?? yun lng po gud day po & thank’s po….

• Omsi Cars says:

I just went to NBI – Muntinlupa branch this morning. It took me 30 minutes in order to have the ID picture taking. I thought I would just get my certificate after registering and paying online. The worst scenario earlier was when I received my paper, I was asked to go back after 8 days. What the hell?! I had the same experience with NBI-Muntinlupa 3 years ago. I was asked to proceed to Ermita. It was tedious and time consuming. I was frustrated and disappointed. The NBI may check my family record and my middle name ahead of time in order to clear everything, but still they asked me to go to Ermita branch. Again after lining up for quite some time, I am facing the same dilemma. I’ve been HIT! I wish the NBI may inform the client as well thru online in order to avoid hassle. This is so time consuming. I thought NBI has improved somehow…

• Richard Santos says:

Dapat talagang ganito ang gagawin ng NBI sa bulok nilang systema. Dapat pag pupunta ka doon alam mo nang may hit ka para di kana mag dadalawang byahe para ulitin ang pagpila para lang sa HIT na yan! RENEWAL lang ang pinunta natin doon hindi kaso. Para kang criminal sa pinaggagwa nila. My God! Hassle talaga at ubos oras lang talaga ang pag apply ng bwesit na clearance na yan.

• 1 2 3 18