How to get or apply an NBI Clearance in Dubai, UAE.
I’ve been living here in Dubai (United Arab Emirates) for about ten (10) months already and getting an NBI Clearance here didn’t crossed my mind.
I just thought that I won’t be needing NBI Clearance anymore since I’m already employed to a great company. They won’t ask me to provide one.
But as unforeseeable events transpired, my family in the Philippines request me to provide them a copy of my NBI Clearance.
How can I get NBI Clearance here in Dubai?
Since I’m new here in this place, I didn’t know how to secure this document. I can go to the Philippine Consulate and start asking questions there but I’m not comfortable wasting one day if I will get an NBI Clearance the same day or went home empty handed.
So what I did was start combing the internet and OFW forums related to getting NBI Clearance while in Abroad. Luckily, I happen to land in NBI Clearance website and it mentions that every Filipino based in abroad can also apply for an NBI Clearance.
NBI Clearance can be obtained in respective Philippine Consulate or Philippine Embassy in every country. Filipinos can easily get their NBI Clearances without the hassle!
Before I start discussing, I need to inform you that applying for an NBI Clearance while you’re in abroad is not a one day process thing. You’ll know why when you get to read the entire article.
What are the requirements in getting an NBI Clearance in Dubai?
In getting an NBI Clearance, you need the following as an NBI Clearance requirement for your application. These are the following:
- NBI Form No. 5 and SPA Form
- A 2” x 2” photograph with white background. The photo should be taken within three (3) months.
- Original and Photocopy of your Passport and your VISA
- Payment of 340 AED
For NBI Form No. 5, don’t worry about this, you can simply get this NBI Clearance document in Philippine Consulate. Just ask nicely 🙂
What are the steps in getting an NBI Clearance?
I’ll discuss each steps so it would be clear to all so you’ll not get lost when you also apply for one.
1. Once you arrived in Philippine Consulate in Dubai, don’t waste any second. Ask where you can get the NBI Clearance Form No. 5 and people will be glad to help you.
2. Fill up the said document completely. Make sure to avoid any erasures. Though they’re not strict, just make sure that you erase your mistakes cleanly. You must use black ball pen when writing on the forms.
The NBI Clearance Form No. 5 requires every applicant to provide their personal information such as your Name, Birthday, Gender, Present Address and other stuffs. Its very easy, it will only take me 15 minutes to finish the entire form.
After finishing up with the application form, don’t put your thumb mark (finger prints) yet! There’s a separate step for that.
3. Now you’re done filling up the application form, it’s time to put the 2×2 photograph of your in the space provided.
4. Now this part is solely for the purpose of the thumb mark portion of the NBI Clearance application form. You need to ask the assistance or endorsement of the consulate general/Police Agency to have your fingerprints impressed (Rolled Impression) on the assigned spaces in the application form. After you’re done impressing your finger prints, you need to make sure that the person who assisted you have signed his/her name and stated his/her official designation on the space provided in NBI Form No. 5.
Go to Criminal Investigation Department (CID) Dubai located across Al Mulla Plaza. They will handle the finger printing of your NBI Clearance form. This costs AED 110.
5. You’re almost done! The next step is to go back to the Philippine Consulate and pay the necessary fees. You’ll be asked to pay AED 200 for the SPA and for NBI clearance.
6. After your paying all the fees, the Cashier will give you an official receipt. Make sure to keep it. The Official receipt will also tell you the date of release of your NBI Clearance. In my experience, I got my NBI Clearance after four days. It was delivered to my doorstep.
So there you have it! If you want to know anything about getting NBI Clearance in Dubai, just leave me a comment down below!
Thank you and have a great day!