Application of NBI Clearance in Dubai? Is it possible? I’ve been living here in Dubai (United Arab Emirates) for about ten (10) months already and getting an NBI Clearance here didn’t crossed my mind. I just thought that I won’t be needing NBI Clearance anymore since I’m already employed to a great multinational company here in Dubai. They won’t ask me to provide one, right?
But as unforeseeable events transpired, my family in the Philippines request me to provide them a copy of my NBI Clearance. My first question is this:
How can I get NBI Clearance in Dubai?
Since I’m new here in this place, I didn’t know how to secure this government issued document. If I were in the Philippines, I can easily set an appointment with the NBI Clearance Onlinewebsite and have my clearance processed. Or, I can go to the Philippine Consulate and start asking questions there but I’m not comfortable wasting one day if I will get an NBI Clearance the same day or went home empty handed.
So what I did was start combing the internet and Dubai Based OFW forums related to getting an NBI Clearance while in Abroad. Luckily, I happen to land in NBI Clearance website and it mentions that every Filipino based in abroad can also apply for an NBI Clearance.
As noted in the website, NBI Clearance can be obtained in their respective Philippine Consulate or Philippine Embassy in every country. Filipinos working or living abroad can easily get their NBI Clearances without the hassle! All they have to do is visit the nearest Philippine Consulate or Philippine Embassy and have their NBI Clearance processed.
Before I start discussing, I need to inform you that applying for an NBI Clearance while you’re in abroad is not a one day process thing. You’ll know the reasons why when you get to read the entire article.
What are the requirements in getting an NBI Clearance in Dubai?
The requirements for the NBI Clearance when you applied in abroad is almost the same with if you applied in the Philippines. In getting an NBI Clearance, you need the following as an NBI Clearance requirement for your application. These are the following:
- NBI Form No. 5 and SPA Form
- A 2” x 2” photograph with white background. The photo should be taken within three (3) months.
- Original and Photocopy of your Passport and your VISA
- Payment of 340 AED
For NBI Form No. 5, don’t worry about this, you can simply get this NBI Clearance document in Philippine Consulate. Please note that the NBI Form No. 5 is for free, you don’t have to pay anything. Just ask nicely
What are the steps in getting an NBI Clearance?
I’ll discuss each steps so it would be clear to all so you’ll not get lost when you also apply for one.
Before we start, I’d like to inform you that you need to go you need to go to the Philippine Consulate General in Dubai. The complete address is Villa No. 234-851, Beirut Street, Al Qusais 3 – Dubai – United Arab Emirates with telephone numbers +971 4 2207100.
My advice is before going to the Philippine Consulate General, it’s best to call them first if you need an appointment for NBI Clearance processing.
1. Once you arrived in Philippine Consulate in Dubai, don’t waste any second. Ask where you can get the NBI Clearance Form No. 5 and people will be glad to help you.
2. Fill up the said document completely. Make sure to avoid any erasures. Though they’re not strict, just make sure that you erase your mistakes cleanly. You must use black ball pen when writing on the forms.
The NBI Clearance Form No. 5 requires every applicant to provide their personal information such as your Name, Birthday, Gender, Present Address and other stuffs. Its very easy, it will only take me 15 minutes to finish the entire form.
After finishing up with the application form, don’t put your thumb mark (finger prints) yet! There’s a separate step for that.
3. Now you’re done filling up the application form, it’s time to put the 2×2 photograph of yours in the space provided in NBI Clearance Form No. 5.
4. Now this part is solely for the purpose of the thumb mark portion of the NBI Clearance application form. You need to ask the assistance or endorsement of the consulate general/Police Agency to have your fingerprints impressed (Rolled Impression) on the assigned spaces in the application form. After you’re done impressing your finger prints, you need to make sure that the person who assisted you have signed his/her name and stated his/her official designation on the space provided in NBI Form No. 5.
Again you need to ask where you need to go to have your finger prints on the form. As for my experience, they asked me to go to Criminal Investigation Department (CID) Dubai located just accross Al Mulla Plaza. The said government office of Dubai will handle the finger printing of your NBI Clearance form. Note that there are fees to be paid here for the finger printing. This costs you AED 110.
5. You’re almost done in your journey! The next step is to go back to the Philippine Consulate and pay the necessary fees. You’ll be asked to pay AED 200 for the Special Power of Attorney (SPA) and for NBI clearance.
It’s also advised that you bring two to three photocopies of your Valid Philippine Passport as it is need for your NBI Clearance Application.
6. After your paying all the fees, the Cashier will give you an official receipt. Make sure to keep it. The Official receipt will also tell you the date of release of your NBI Clearance. In my experience, I got my NBI Clearance after seven (7) days. It was delivered to my doorstep.
You have two option, either you send all your papers to the Philippines where your authorized representative will personally process your NBI Clearance in NBI Clearance Main Office ORyou let the Philippine Consulate General Office process it for you.
So there you have it! If you want to know anything about getting NBI Clearance in Dubai or what to know how to apply NBI Clearance Online, just leave me a comment down below!
Thank you and have a great day!